Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:August 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
About the job: Leads SAP planning function in plant accountable for planning/scheduling production, MRP/materials ordering, releasing schedules to production, and inventory control for raw materials and/or finished goods. Also helps coordinate the commercialization of new products/packaging. May have 1-3 direct reports to lead and supervise.
- Production Planning, Detailed Scheduling & Product Management.
- Maintain packaging and material /availability using SAP APO (or legacy system) in order to support the operational plans and customer demand of the plant
- Master Data: maintain, monitor and revise essential system planning data to ensure SAP APO system effectively planning future requirements.
- Inventory management: maintain finished goods and material inventory levels within the parameter set by inventory policy; monitoring levels and continuously making adjustments to future production and purchases as necessary. Monitor “age of stock” reports to avoid risk of slow moving and obsolete product.
- Demand Forecasts: Review historical orders and utilize software tools in order support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant. Analyze and evaluate upstream processes to secure materials in order to reduce costs to the KO system.
- Data Integrity: Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Manage Raw Materials: Ensure that both raw materials and finished product meet customer specifications.
- Inventory Management: Maintain inventory levels or inventory by using various reports from suppliers, material usage reports and software (SAP) tools in order to prepare for anticipated demand and/or appropriately recommend cost-reducing inventory level actions to management.
- Supplier Demand Signals: Ensure that the SAP/MRP system creating demand signals sufficient to drive supplier production planning. Maintain tactical execution relationships with supplier production and distribution points sharing information regarding quality and delivery failures.
- New Items & Sunsets: Coordinate production planning and material requirements for all new product and package launches. Coordinate run-out of materials and/or ingredients for all package sunsets.
- People Management: Have people skills to coach and lead direct reports.
- Bachelor Degree or APICS/CSMCP certification
- Related Work Experience: At least 2 years
- Requirements Planning - ability to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business.
- Forecasting - Demand - knowledge of demand forecasting techniques and inputs (e.g. business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Master Data - Appreciation for the importance that master data plays in driving the MRP process. Must have ability to identify gaps in master data that are driving sub-optimal MRP results.
- Information Systems - Knowledge and use of existing KO Technical Information (e.g. SAP, Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync) to generate necessary data. Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the organization. Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/re-order levels. Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimized inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top