Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:August 24, 2019
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Packaging Operator is responsible for support operations involved in the production of finished product cases. The Packaging Operator must perform cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
Function Activities - Machine Operator (Level 3)
- Production Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining all or some of the following equipment: Casers, Depalletizers, Palletizers, Single Filers, Laners, Conveyors, Ink Jet Coders and Forklifts.
- Daily operation of packaging equipment safely and efficiently to produce top quality products
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Assist with product/package/code changes on empty bottle depalletization
- Complete and accurately document all activities during shift
- Maintain equipment per manufacturers and internal specifications by ensuring the completion of PM's, initiating work orders, and integrating into the maintenance team during rebuilds and supplementary repairs.
- Perform all Packaging Operator CIP duties and surface foaming with mechanical/manual cleaning for all other areas.
- Perform quality inspections on materials and finished product. If out of specification conditions are observed, notify responsible personnel and assist in resolution as appropriate.
- Participation in pre-shift meetings, team assignments and audits.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, GMP and all Coca Cola North America rules and policies. Report and/or correct safety issues. Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
- All other duties as assigned
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc)
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and be capable of learning SAP Inventory Management and LIS software programs.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Solid interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast- paced, stressful environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as required.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top