Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:September 29, 2019
Job Description Summary:Based in KL, the Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability Manager, Malaysia will support Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability-related activities for the Malaysia Region within the ASEAN BU.
As part of the role, the PACs Manager will be responsible for implementing government relations, public affairs, internal and external communications and sustainability programs in Malaysia, so as to help advance the region's business interests, preserve and enhance the company's corporate and brand reputations, and create value for communities where we operate.
- Government Relations - Implement strategy and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), Ministry of Finance (MOF), Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI), Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (MDTCA), Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change (MESTECC) and Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Strategic Communications - Develop consistent and compelling company narrative for the system both internally and externally (traditional, digital).
- Sustainability - Deliver sustainability programs that are aligned with Company priorities and are relevant to local key stakeholders, address risks related to business continuity and help earn social license for the Malaysia business.
Functional Competencies (required expertise on 1-5 scale):
- Identifies and understands how internal and external issues (e.g., economic, political, social trends) impact the business environment of the System in Malaysia
- Seeks and synthesizes information from stakeholders and sources in an objective, unbiased manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment
- Understand and applies knowledge of Federal, State and Departmental regulations, policies, and procedures
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Uses writing skills and editorial judgment to strategically develop messages for various audiences
- Identifies the most appropriate media channel(s) for the particular needs of the target audience
- Understand key drivers of the System's corporate reputation and social license to operate
- Builds and maintains mutually-beneficial partnerships
Leadership Competencies (prioritized):
- Influences the System, Drives Innovative Business Improvements, Develops & Inspires Others, Builds Vision and Strategy
Leadership Behaviours (prioritized):
- Acts like an Owner, Collaborates with the System, Inspires Others, Drives Innovation, Develops Self
- 4-6 years of experience in Public Affairs in FMCG companies or similar industry, or within the Government/Public Service
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Communications or Journalism preferred
- 20% - Mostly within Malaysia or to Singapore
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top