Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:August 25, 2019
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
About the role: To be able to work an eight (8) hour shift with overtime as required and work any shift as directed. Provide accurate inspection and testing of processed juice and related products according to Q.A. specifications. Test incoming concentrates and liquid sweeteners. Conduct water testing. Test in-process and finished products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to analyze and interpret results. Properly communicate lab results to appropriate production, Q. A., and warehouse personnel.
- Enter laboratory data into a computer and use business software. Properly identify and store samples.
- Become certified by the USDA to inspect and grade products and conduct plant sanitation inspections in accordance with USDA requirements.
- Report any variation or deviations to QA Supervisor or Manager, including QA Techs II & III.
- Prepare computerized or written reports.
- Walking or standing 75-80% of the time.
- Lift up to 45 pounds. Perform additional laboratory responsibilities as assigned. Perform all essential job skills (functions) affecting quality according to Integrated Management System procedures, work instructions and Company standards as identified for this position.
- Ability to see, feel and hear. Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English. Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Able to walk through plant pushing sample collection cart. Ability to climb steps and work at elevated areas in the plant.
- A minimum of two years of college courses in science and math, or five years of related Food Manufacturing experience in a wet chemistry/ laboratory environment conducting quality inspections.
- Go/walk into hot/humid environments and cold/freezing storage areas.
- Good organizational and mathematical skills.
- Able to use lab equipment safely. Able to taste, smell, and identify different colors and flavors, prefer with fruit beverages and juices. Ability to understand and recognize GMP issues. Good attendance record. Able to work with minimal supervision. Able to use a computer. Citrus / Beverage (Orange/Fruit Juices) Industry preferred.
- Protective equipment (bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs),
- Refractometer, automatic and manual titrators, pH meter, microwave, colorimeter, centrifuge, oil distillation, viscometer, stir/hot plate, microscope, incubator, fume hood, calculator, copier, scales,
- HPLC with auto sampler, pulp shaker, taper, spectrophotometers, turbidimeter, digital burette, dispenser, two-way radio, lab glassware and oven, timer, homogenizer,
- Glassware washing machine, ice maker, can sealer, shredder, computer and printer, cart, hair and/or net when applicable.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top