Job Description Summary
Location(s):Korea, Republic of
Job Posting End Date:September 29, 2019
Job Description Summary:
Strategy Development and Execution
- Support the CPS Korea LT to set strategic direction/vision, develop and execute business plans for Korea site ensuring alignment with CPS Global and Functional business strategies.
- Lead and inspire all Production Team on site so as to create a positive work environment and high levels of employee engagement
- Measure actual manufacturing key metrics (overall productivity, work center productivity, material usage variance, over time, OEE, etc.) performance vs. goals on a regular basis and present/execute strategies for improvement and sustainability.
- Ensure Team's Operational Excellence and continuous improvement efforts on track.
- Propose and validate new manufacturing technology.
- Proactively provide input into product design activities when required
- Monitor manufacturing processes effectiveness and present strategies for improvement.
- Align Production department goals to those of the broader organization.
- Ensure a multi-skilled and empowered force is always developing from a knowledge and capability perspective.
- Jointly propose strategies for information technology and production management tools exploitation.
- Develop and implement a value creation process that delivers PI and cost avoidance targets to the End to End system (CPS, BU & Bottlers)
- For the site manster plan, analyse production actual capacity and propose desired capacity of each production line based on strategic business plan
Manufacturing Execution & collaboration with ENG for improvement of shop floor
- Lead, inspire, develop and engage a multi-skilled team of Production Associates within Production ensuring delivery of all key Operational metrics:
- Strategic aspects related to processes and work centres' productivity and efficiency improvement and man power optimization.
- Execution elements related to manufacturing resources management to effectively fulfil production schedules. This includes work orders supervision and operational budget preparation/management. Also it includes kaizens timely development and execution.
- Manage basic equipment maintenance and trouble shooting
- Collaborate with Engineering Team to develop and apply PM program for manufacturing facility
- Continuously figure out the best way to optimize equipment capacity with ENG
- Co-lead the overall designing of new facility and equipment with Engineering Team to implement capital and non capital project
- Generate and follow up internal/external audits corrective actions.
- Apply and embed Integrated Management Systems (ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, FSSC 22000) concepts and requirements in the manufacturing processes.
- Ensure SAP's manufacturing master data is accurate and updated.
- Collaborate with Engineering Team for application of new equipment
Managing Operating Expenses for Repair & maintenenace
- Managing operating expenses including R&M for the biggest functional team in the operation.
- Manage Overtime, ensuring full compliance with Employee Work Rights and local regulations.
- Manage indirect supplies always looking to optimize allocated budget and avoid costs if possible.
Driving a Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Culture
- Ensure Operations compliance with all TCCC (e.g. Finance, Legal, Environmental, Quality and Safety, WPR), local and regulatory requirements related to plant, equipment, production and people.
- Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety aspects include nurturing a safe working environment, zero accidents mindset and environmentally responsible culture among the whole operation.
- Ensure an accident free environment and instil a zero accident culture among the plant.
- Ensure hazards assessment and their corresponding preventive actions are completed accordingly.
- Ensure root cause analysis and corrective actions are formally completed for all incidents and accidents.
- Manage the GEMBAWALK and KAIZEN process for the continuous improvement of plant
C. FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE: Identify quantitative factors for this job, such as volume, annual budget, customer contacts (e.g., # of bottlers, customers, etc.), and other major indicators of the scope and complexity of this job.
Volume (unit case/gallons)
570K Std Units
Retail Customer Locations
Foodservice Customer Locations
COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES: Indicate the level, purpose and complexity of the communications inside and outside TCCC. (Examples: Across business unit, groups or global communications; Dissemination of information internally, externally or mixed; Negotiations with one party internally or multiple parties externally, etc.) Include any Company spokesperson responsibilities.
This position works closely with the Plant GM and Plant associates at all levels (Production, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Commercialization, OE) providing business recommendations and having strong influence on mid and long term supply chain strategic planning, and key personnel from external service providers. Interactions include, but not limited to:
- Plant GM and Plant Leadership Team
- Plant associates (Production, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Commercialization, OE)
- Operations Team
- Other Concentrate Plants Operations and Engineering key personnel
- CPS Operations Distributed Work teams
- Global CPS Functional Directors and Business Unit Technical Leads (as required)
- Negotiations with local and international suppliers, service consultants and providers
- Korea governmental agencies and key management personnel (as required).
ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems this job must solve to perform successfully. Is the process well defined, or must this job develop new approaches to solve these problems?
- Develop and implement business solutions leveraging a broad manufacturing experience.
- Translate overall business strategies in operational business objectives and dealing with conflicting interests (time, limited resources, productivity requirements, etc.).
- Improve and sustain key metrics levels.
- Ensure available manpower cover current and future manufacturing demand.
- Balance production schedule with manufacturing available resources and work centres limited throughput.
- Manage sudden changes or exception in the Master Schedule.
- Resolve organizational design difficulties, ensuring talent meets business requirements.
- Build and sustain an organisation of choice (a preferred place of work where people are inspired to be the best they can be).
- Jointly manage with hiring, termination, suspension, performance reviews processes.
- Ensure at all times regulatory compliance to safety and environmental standards.
- Analysis implies ensuring operation compliance with all relevant internal and external requirements including finance, legal, local regulatory, GMP and EHS, etc.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions as required in the day to day operation related issues.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in this job. Distinguish between recommendations made to someone else and decisions where this job has final authority. Indicate involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
This position requires making and helping managers make key business decisions that could have a major impact on the organizational performance, both in the short and the long term. Work closely with Plant GM and Plant and managers in recommending and drafting strategic plans, driving design and execution of specific initiatives as required.
Strategic Type Decisions
Strategic Direction for the organization - key input for approval by General Manager
Customer Satisfaction - collaboration with customers and key input
Annual Business Plans - key inputs for approval by General Manager
Capacity Planning - key input based on capacity constraints
All Manufacturing Strategy - key input
Capability building / Capital investment
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- University Degree in Food or Industrial Engineering
- Engineering Major(Mechanical) is a preference
- Good knowledge of Operational Excellence and Lean principles.
- MRPII or ERP would be considered an advantage
- Quality systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001 experience is required)
- Food/beverage processing or pharmaceutical manufacturing supply chain experience
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) experience is required
- SAP experience would be considered as an advantage
- Demonstrate experience in managing complex projects and strategic relationships with multiple stake holders
- People management and supervisory skills
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS: List the number of years and type of previous work experience required. Please do not describe the experience of the incumbent, but rather the minimum experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum 10 years working experience
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost and productivity performance across a variety of product lines from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability of operating at a senior level with ongoing interactions and strategic relationships with senior managers (Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Commercialization, OE)
- General skills will include setting and executing strategic direction, planning & organising, negotiating, building business relationships and communicating widely
- Bachelors Degree
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top