Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Center of Excellence (CoE) Procurement Analyst Co-Op supports strategic sourcing operations by collecting, analyzing, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the procurement organization. The Procurement Analyst Intern will become a key member of several Strategic Sourcing teams providing analytical rigor and technical expertise to produce fact based summary information enabling Senior Procurement personnel to improve their sourcing decisions.
This position will process, extract, and query data to help make decisions. This person will also run optimization software which will require query experience (i.e. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions based upon the sourcing team's constraints.
This is a Co-Op position. The student must have the ability to work full time for three (3) non-consecutive Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Key Responsibilities ?
- Gather and analyze key procurement metrics using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format) in order to report results to Senior Management to be used in business plan and strategy development; Develop savings and avoidance reports, if not in place
- Create databases to collect and report information using telephones, computers or collaboration with third parties in order to provide customers with intellectual data
- Extract, analyze and report mainframe / system data in order to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software (e.g., Showcase, DBS, SAP, JD Edwards, Excel, Access)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance
- Review product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plants (Company and Bottlers)
- Analyze performance data in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving; Maintain database to track Marketing Support funds from suppliers (AFP)
- Maintain and update all departmental volume reporting for use in general communications and internal/external stakeholder inquiries in order to facilitate accurate volume - related transactions & reporting
- Assist in the development of cost models, data collection and measurements to provide regarding product performance and services
- The position will be expected to communicate primarily with internal stakeholders (Company and Bottlers), but will also have discussions with external suppliers and 3rd party (e.g., consultants, industry organizations). The position will be responsible for collecting, ensuring accuracy and cleansing data provided from multiple sources for use in routine and complex problem solving. The position will provide summary information and insights gleaned from independent analysis. From time to time, the position will be called upon to prepare and present reports to Procurement Category teams.
- The position requires an understanding of quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources. The position will be responsible for populating and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories. Additionally, Procurement Analyst Interns will be called upon to provide analytical support during the supplier evaluation and negotiation process. The position will be expected to handle a significant amount of data which provide fundamental support to Category managers as they develop, execute and manage sourcing strategies.
- The position will ensure Category Managers receive summaries of key data collected and insights gained from analysis completed. The Category Managers have responsibility for the development of long-term strategies (3 to 10 years) and in negotiations (annual and multi-year agreements) with annual spend of approximately $10 million to over $1 billion.
- The position will be responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks. In completing this work, the position will develop techniques to improve the collection and verification of the data which we then expected to document and share the processes as best practices.
- Curate data (from disparate data sources) so to meet business planning and strategy development needs—data accuracy and accessibility is paramount.
- Facilitate sourcing events (e.g. RFP, RFI) through E-Sourcing tool management (i.e. develop bid sheets and cost model, configure E-Sourcing event settings, manage data collection & reporting)
- Collaborate with sourcing leaders to build an understanding of category strategy, supplier markets, & processes
Pursing a degree in Math, Science, Industrial Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain or Operations
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited university
- Candidate for a B.S/A. degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or computer science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and judgement
- Experience using spreadsheet applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
- Experience visualizing data (e.g. PivotTables, Tableau) is preferred
- Programming expertise (e.g. VBA, Python) is preferred
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization and linear programming are preferred
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top