Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The position leads the global licensing business for North America and is responsible for setting strategic direction for the territory and executing multi-million-dollar licensing deals across a diverse range of lifestyle categories for Coca-Cola and 20 other billion dollar brands. The role is ultimately responsible for delivering retail sales across North America through strategic licensing partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with TCCC global and local Brand in Coca-Cola North America to develop consumer-centric strategies and business plans utilizing brand and category knowledge and insights. Directs prioritization of brand, category, channel and market expansion plans. Ultimately, delivers both short and long-term growth as well as channel penetration.
- Leads communication with Bottlers, Business Units, Customers, Licensees and Strategic Asset Owners (e.g., FIFA, Olympics, etc.) to identify opportunities and drive growth of the licensing business in North America. Manages key customer pitches and routinely interfaces with Brand Leadership Teams across North America.
- Leads complex and unusual deal negotiations and coaches team to execute day-to-day deals. Expected to perform at a fast pace and reach agreement with complex deal structures through contract negotiations among global, regional and local entities involving multiple parties as well as Retailers, Manufacturers, Brand Collaborators and other global organizations. Accountable for supplier performance including innovation, product development and commercial execution.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to a team of 4 internal employees who support the Coca-Cola licensing business to improve performance and, ultimately, achieve business objectives.
- Routinely reviews complex business issues and identifies new approaches to reach successful outcomes. Position is required to assess risk and opportunity as it relates to financial return, brand value, customer impact, design capabilities, and determine the best course forward.
- Utilizes data and analysis to leverage insights and trends to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable business growth.
- Builds and manages long term relationship with licensees. Disseminates corporate and brand marketing direction, strategies and priorities to licensing partners. Leads annual business planning with licensees.
- Consolidates and analyzes global licensing royalty revenue and sales performance. Tracks and measures execution of the business plan, identifies potential shortfalls, develops contingency and recovery plans. Ultimately responsible and accountable for short and long-term results of the licensing business in North America.
- Strong presenting, persuading and negotiating skills
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and presentation)
- Ability to facilitate and accelerate value-based business relationships
- Above average analytical skills, strong systematic and numeric capability
- Highly result oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Maintain a strong pulse on lifestyle category trends
- Successful performance record
- Position requires diverse experience in Licensing, Marketing, and Retail to fully understand product development cycles, materials and manufacturing practices to effectively lead the business and understand financial impact.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work-related experience
- 5 years related experience
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top