Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The role: Supports quality in standard processes to ensure compliance with standards; works with QA and manufacturing staff to ensure inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained; assists in the development of standards to meet quality specifications. Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career stream; works under direct supervision
Function Specific Activities
- Perform sampling and physical, chemical, and microbiological testing of finished products and raw materials.
- Conduct environmental sampling and analysis to monitor facility sanitation.
- Inspect finished products, raw materials, supplies, equipment, personnel, and facilities for adherence to quality specifications, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and sanitation.
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly to management and peers any test results or inspection findings outside of specifications.
- Manage product hold and release system.
- Identify non-conformances in quality or practices and take or recommend appropriate corrective action within scope of knowledge.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensures that it is accomplished in compliance with all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
- Operate, monitor, and control water process systems including Ultra-violet lights, ozonation process, Reverse Osmosis filtration process, distillation process, sub-micron filtration process, pumps, valves, instrumentation. Read gauges, meters, chart recorders, and controller readouts and record data.
- Operate mineral mixing skids and monitor mineral mixing/addition process
- Prepare positive bacteria solutions and test all new batch lots of received goods e.g. (media, vialed broths, monitors, TSB, plate count agar)
- Prepare serial dilutions of positive bacteria and conduct monthly testing of all current and new media
- Perform CIP's on batch tanks and filler rinse CIP's between product changes.
- Perform pre-startup inspections prior to startup of each new product, label, or packaging change.
- Collection, documentation, and destruction of retention samples
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records. Properly amend, identify, and file records.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste. Potentially including hazardous materials. Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Conduct housekeeping and general labor duties as assigned.
- Prepare laboratory media and reagents.
- Conduct clerical duties including copying, filing, faxing, data entry, and document reproduction.
- Transfer product testing results from paper records to system database (SAP)
- Issue blended water to fill process w/o's (SAP)
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on in process equipment e.g. (Chlorine monitoring equipment, batch tank sample ports)
- Perform monthly 5's audits on various areas under laboratory control.
- Collect, record, and prepare daily sensory samples for comparative panel review.
- Operate Ion chromatograph daily for bromate results allowing for product release.
- Prepare standards and preform calibration on Ion chromatograph
- Working knowledge of ETQ system and document update process. E.g. (Change, verify, and submit revisions of documents as required or requested)
- Complete work orders to ensure proper maintenance, verification, calibrations are completed in a timely manner in accord with DEP, EPA, TCCQS, and ISO requirements
- Data entry and review in SAP and Infinity QS systems of finished mineral batches, required physical water testing data, and pre-startup inspection information.
- Record and archive documents from quality and production
- Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Protect the confidentiality of company, supplier, and customer information.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Comply with job procedures and supervisor instructions.
- Ensure the safety and security of self, coworkers, product, and property.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with all co-workers at all levels and relevant contractors/suppliers/customers.
- Successfully complete all company and government required training.
- Adhere to laboratory and company ethical and legal conduct standards.
- Operate personal computer. Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, and inventory control systems.
- High School Diploma.
- College or technical school training is desirable.
- Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial or laboratory environment required.
Technical Knowledge/Critical Skills:
- Ability to achieve demonstration of capability for all required laboratory tests.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top