Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:August 22, 2019
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Reporting to the Chief Architect, the Director of Data Science and Analytics Drives leads portfolio and business-wide analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for Coca-Cola Freestyle, one of the most advanced IoT products in the market today.
The candidate will steward the long-range strategic and annual planning processes and define the tools and platforms for the practice. The candidate will also establish a data driven culture supported by an agile DataOps team that delivers on business priorities. He or she must also be a capable leader with experience building high-performing teams, have strong analytical and PMO skills, innovative and systemic thinking, and superior ability to interconnect and influence the organization.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a track record of successfully delivering data driven projects and programs that support operations, marketing, and reliability in a product development environment. He/she must have experience balancing both strategic and tactical priorities simultaneously while managing SLAs for operational deliverables.
Experience commercializing datasets is attractive as well as experience with both consumer and enterprise datasets.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead long-range strategy and annual planning around data science and analytics
- Develop budgets, scope, risks, of key initiatives and communicate status to leadership
- Define tools and systems to support the practice
- Establish best practices for security, data governance, and data operations.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify business priorities around data science and analytics
- Build, manage, and mentor a team of data engineers, data scientists, and data analysts.
- Support operations to perform optimally by empowering customers, call center agents, and technicians using modern data driven tools and processes.
- Bachelor of Science (statistics, engineering, or computer science).
- Masters preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 10+ years working with BI tools such as MS Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy
- 7+ years working in data science or analytics practice
- 5+ years working with big data and highly scalable systems
- 5+ years in advanced statistical analysis, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- 3+ years in a product development group
- 5+ years with public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- 5+ years managing a team, preferably in data science or analytics
- 5+ years working with data pipelines, security, and data governance
- Scrum/Agile: Good understanding of the benefits and limitations of scrum and agile and how to apply that to a data ops practice
- Tools and theory: Good understanding of modern big data tools such as Presto, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, columnar data stores, indexing techniques. Well versed in Artificial Intelligence tools and techniques and practical applications as well as anomaly detection.
- Data ops best practices: Solid understanding of data ops best practices around recency, data quality, transparency, and availability.
- Public cloud: Good understanding of cloud native toolsets such as S3, Athena, RedfShift, EC2, Elastic MapReduce, SageMaker, DynamoDB, Glue, Lambda
- Comprehensiveness: Monitors, inspects, and/or manages medium to large complex data science ad analytics projects for completeness, compatibility, compliance with engineering principles and design needs and standards. Monitors budgets and/or schedules.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with all Business and Technical Functions, including marketingn, customer and commercial teams, engineering, and operations.
- Change Management: Ability to identify and resolve project/program changes. Develops, communicates, and defends moderately complex programs/projects. Ensures program/project stays within budget and/or schedule.
- Professional Knowledge: Good base understanding on Innovation stage-gated processes and software development lifecycles - including Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Process engineering skills preferred.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top