Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:26% - 50%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:As a Company, we continue diversifying our portfolio to meet new and emerging trends. Tea and Dairy are categories that are fully embedded with our aspiration to offer great, consumer-preferred brands for every different desire, occasion or need in daily lives.
We also know that success in those categories rely on a wired network of suppliers and sustainable sourcing of superior ingredients for better taste and nutrition.
The Global Tea & Dairy Procurement Director is responsible for enabling growth through Strategic Procurement including sourcing, negotiating, contracting and management of partnerships. We estimate that 75% of the role will be spent on tea and 25% on dairy. This will likely change over time but that is the current situation.
Function Specific Responsibilities:
- Work on new product innovation and commercialization for Tea and Dairy categories embedding sustainability into all sourcing activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior management of strategically important global and regional suppliers in order to support and enhance the sourcing strategies of the Coca-Cola Company.
- Facilitate meetings with key suppliers to ensure alignment between supplier objectives and objectives of the Coca-Cola Global Procurement Network.
- Persuade senior management of the Coca-Cola Company and business units to align their goals and objectives of the Global Procurement Network to take full advantage of Network Initiatives
- Influence global suppliers to address critical supply issues that could cause business interruption if not resolved expediently.
- Develop strategies, goals or plans for work that focus on and enable the Company to better serve or work with customers, bottlers, or suppliers.
- Influence and motivate key stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Technical Groups, Divisions, Suppliers) to implement the global/regional sourcing strategies by clearly demonstrating the value and linkage to their business plan goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute multiple negotiation strategies that deliver value against Coca-Cola System business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Formulate plans, tactics and strategies for each tea type to achieve competitive cost analysis.
- Build alignment with internal stakeholder groups of the sourcing strategy and procurement process for products / services in order to identify business needs and to ensure compliance with operational standards.
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management partnerships that generate business specific objectives and execute against objectives to generate shared value between organizations.
Function Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to wire subject matter experiences of different countries, functions, backgrounds
- Courageous leadership
- Translate complex business issues into simple solutions
- Sustainable agricultural practice
- Able to work in ambiguous situations
- Negotiation skills
- Sense of urgency
- 7-Step Sourcing Strategy process knowledge,
- Strong analytical skills and background
- Communication skills
- Ability to deliver results both individually and collectively
- Strong presentation skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Team leading skills
- Sustainability practice knowledge
- Logistics and freight knowledge
- Contracting management knowledge
- Ability to interact with the most senior leaders of large global suppliers.
- 10 years ingredient related sourcing experience (preferably tea or dairy)
- 5 years logistics experience
- 5 years technical experience
- MBA preferred
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top