Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
This position will be accountable for the hands-on leadership, client management, end-to-end delivery of Finance & Operational initiatives and operation/maintenance of critical Finance & Operational systems/applications. This role will report to Group Director for the Performance Intelligence Center (PIC) of the Coca-Cola North America Controller's Group.
The leader will be responsible for management and successful delivery of innovative and differentiating capabilities meeting the needs of the Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) organization. In close partnership with key stakeholders, he/she must be able to implement and manage agile practices enhancing delivery speed, while improving the operational excellence and stability of existing solutions.
The director will be responsible for managing a team of professionals who provide the maintenance / support of Finance & Operational systems as well as deliver projects.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise in the definition and execution of the vision for future state enhancements to the Finance & Operational systems & tools providing improvements and supporting the CCNA business capability roadmap
- Oversee Prioritization Processes, Resource Planning/Scheduling, Delivery Monitoring, Financial Control, and Value Measurement of the Portfolio under management
- Partner closely with various Business, Technology & Finance stakeholders to understand strategic alignment opportunities, identify dependencies/risks, define mitigation plans, and balance challenging trade-offs between short/long term goals/priorities, architectural decisions, and holistic value across the portfolio.
- Implement agile program/project management policies, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent and transparent execution across the portfolio. Provide detailed, accurate and timely updates on progress of the portfolio against the targets
- Maintain influential knowledge of fast evolving technology trends. Set vision and strategy for the leveraged use of both the latest Platforms (SAP, OTM, etc.) and new technology
- Model a culture that improves the organization's comfort with the speed of change, challenging assumptions, relentless pursuit of improvement - all with a high sense of personal accountability
- Serve as a Coach and Mentor within the organization and provide career coaching and direction to team members
Education: Minimum: Bachelor's Degree; Preferred: MBA or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in relevant design / solution delivery and large-scale project management
- Advanced collaboration skills: Ability to develop and maintain value added relationships with multiple constituencies & stakeholders. Passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers with the ability to uncover business needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research to define compelling solutions
- Executive presence & Communicating Effectively: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including writing, speaking, and listening effectively. Ability to translate technical concepts into simple terminology for business client of various levels
- Excellent problem-solving skills: Ability to analyse situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend sound conclusions and implementation strategies
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Capability Building: Experience stewarding process/system changes to stakeholder groups
- System & Platform knowledge: Familiarity with core financial (e.g. SAP, BPC, HANA, etc.) / operational (OTM etc.) technology platforms, reporting solutions/tools (e.g. ASP.NET, Power BI) and data storage/management platforms (e.g. SQL, Data Lake)
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, relational /multi-dimensional database, large scale data integration, scorecards/dashboards
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top