Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Field based, McDonald's Operations Manager, leads and directs all beverage quality, equipment reliability and operational support to include project or initiative management for a specific geography with our McDonald's U.S. customer and The Coca-Cola system. Ability to navigate a highly complex relationship map inclusive of Franchisee Owner/Operators, McDonald's Corporation Field Office Leaders, The Coca-Cola Company and third-party suppliers to ensure superior customer service and continually improving beverage quality.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Develop a localized plan to execute key quality and operational initiatives and share best practice iterations with the Operations Team for maximum efficiency.
- Develop beverage strategy utilizing complex data, knowledge and insight to develop a region growth plan to deliver against the business plan that drives sparkling and still category growth including short and long-term innovation
- Ensure superior restaurant beverage quality and service through management of programs and execution such as reactive service, preventative maintenance and special projects.
- Responsible for TCCC service network performance to deliver on McDonald's Service Level Agreements, with specific emphasis on Hot Spot agents. Liaison between McDonald's and all TCCC business support systems including service infrastructure, billing/invoicing, warranty, QMC program execution, and OEM's.
- Identify, address and resolve complex problems with end-to-end solutions that may require collaboration with team members, Company associates, Customer corporate representatives or third-party suppliers.
- Support national deployment programs that are created by Customer or internal stakeholders.
- Manage restaurant equipment recommendations for top beverage quality along with the day to day reactive and planned equipment service (18 different types of equipment platforms plus new equipment needs based upon innovation pipeline. This compares to average Foodservice customer of 3 equipment platforms. Due to the complexity of equipment platform, requires sourcing and management of specialty service providers to meet McDonald's needs.
- Exceptional collaboration, influencing skills with internal Coca-Cola network operations, customer, region officers, Franchisees and 3rd party partners to find common ground for innovation and profitable beverage growth
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to build relationships and interact effectively to influence internal and external constituents to deliver results. Includes Business Reviews, Stewardship & Opportunity Identification
- Partners with our Account Directors to manage the Customer Relationship Map for designated geography with a team approach that breaks down functional silos to solve difficult and complex Operational issues requiring higher level knowledge and detailed investigation for issue resolution. Types of day to day expertise provided from this role ranges from quality dispensing, equipment recommendations, water quality, water treatment, analysis, research, reactive service, planned service (preventative maintenance programs), service provider selection, service issue resolution and service management.
- Conduct regular business stewardship reviews with customers to provide consultation on equipment resource allocations, crew best practices and future business planning to positively impact franchisee financial performance and beverage quality/sales.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree, MBA Preferred
Related Work Experience: Minimum of 8 years of operations and/or sales experience working with large national accounts. A highly skilled Operations-focused professional with understanding of Equipment Technology is recommended. Freestyle mechanical service knowledge preferred.
Skills Requirements: Must possess strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management, detailed analysis and problem solving. Ability to excel in a team environment while multi-tasking, and engage other team members as needed to design robust solutions to complex issues
- Must like eating at McDonald's and drink Coca-Cola fountain beverages: We respect choice, but we do believe that if you work on the McDonald's business for Coca-Cola, you have to love McDonald's and our core Coca-Cola fountain products which are served at McDonald's.
- Bravery: Bravery enough to think exponentially; wisdom to stretch realistically.
- Resiliency: this is a tough role as pressure comes from multiple sources - internally from KO and externally from the customer. This person must be able to deal with tough, sometimes unfair situations and discussions and maintain positivity.
- Interested in hard work: Delegation can become a proxy for dumping work on others. Unless leaders do, they never learn deep enough to understand the business.
- Innovative thinker: Be at the forefront of thinking differently about fast casual to help reinvent the beverage experience at MCD.
- Voracious, adaptable learner: The consumer, the business, the world is in a constant state of change. This leader needs to embrace learning and adapting.
- Fail Forward Mentality: Experience in experimentation, bold failures and lessons applied to improve.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace
- Technical capability (equipment and online tools): Able to create operational solutions and utilize system tools to deliver customer value.
- Influencing: Able to communicate a compelling story to motivate and align internal and external clients to achieve a desired outcome.
- Strategic thinking: Able to create a strategic plan that addresses customer needs while also driving company profitability.
- Project Management: Able to effectively lead complex customer project initiatives.
- Presentation development and delivery: Utilize selling methodology (C4V) and tools to effectively deliver customer stewardship and the Coca-Cola operational value proposition both written and verbally.
- Collaborative: Able to work effectively with cross functional partners to deliver on customer needs.
- Organized: Able to efficiently manage workload through prioritization and organization.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top