Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:August 23, 2019
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The role: The smartwater group director will lead the +$1B smartwater brand in North America. This role will be accountable for brand strategy development, multi-year brand plan including key initiatives deployment, and the delivery of p&l targets.
- Leads development of smart water brand growth strategies and business plan that deliver overall brand vision and business objectives (p&l and brand health)
- Leads development of consumer/shopper/customer/region insights for developing brand strategy and business plans
- Manages business performance with rigor to deliver brand objectives, strategic initiatives, and brand/financial/market success metrics.
- Partners with R&D to develop new and/or improved products and packaging to meet consumer needs, brand strategy and business objectives
- Stewards brand positioning and communication strategies with compelling brand communications and ensure execution integrity across the system
- Drives commercialization of brand positioning, innovation, communications and shopper marketing, and ensure integration of brand national programs into annual customer plans
- Improves marketing investment effectiveness by working with strategic marketing, customer, and region marketing
- Inspires cross-functional teams across the system (e.g. knowledge & insights, revenue growth management, commercial, strategic marketing, finance, supply chain, technical, franchise, customer teams etc)
- Provides direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Develops marketing team members and works with leadership team to maintain high engagement across the organization
Education: bachelor's degree -minimum required. mba or equivalent -preferred
Related work experience: 10 or more years of experience in brand management / marketing in consumer packaged goods, beverage experience ideal.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experiences:
- Brand marketing strategy: core competency in 1) developing brand vision, strategic platforms and appropriate business plan and initiatives, and 2) driving coherency of strategy from plan to delivery with ability to develop, communicate and steward brand vision, positioning, architectures, and guideline
- Brand marketing development: deep understanding of, and experience in, core marketing fundamentals across consumer insights, creative & shopper marketing, connection/media, pricing promotion, channel distribution etc, to build brand equity and deliver results
- Innovation: experience to develop and launch break-through ideas and deliver major product, package, platform innovations
- Collaboration: strong ability to build partnerships, establish trust & credibility, and influence across all levels of leadership.
- Communication: excellent oral communication and presentation skills to inspire and set clear direction.
- Business management: ability to manage complex projects across multiple disciplines, balancing short term and long -term priorities, with strong financial acumen and business analytics
- Team leadership: develop and inspire others.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top