Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:August 23, 2019
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our e-Commerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
• Highly competitive Pay
• 401K (with company match program) and Pension
• Great benefits (medical, dental…etc.), with health incentive program
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Personal day program
• Great company culture
• Excellent working conditions and job security
Coca-Cola seeks a QA Specialist candidate to focus on the plant's processes, skills and capabilities needed to continuously improve the quality of the Syrup product supply system. Focus areas for this role will be maintaining the ISO quality system , training Quality System program owners, developing quality system documentation, validating any exceptions to KORE requirements, validating new CIP/Process/Packaging equipment, completing control plans, updating food safety & quality risk analysis, and improving non-conforming materials process & analyzing data and trends.
The QA Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Management Standard Routines:
- Floor time observing and doing GMP walks with teams
- Monitor quality metrics and ensure we run as designed and improve
- Follow-up on quality issues & findings with associates
- Follow-up on GMP/Safety/Food Safety Check lists and Audits
- Holding people accountable to complete daily quality task assignments
- Act as the sanitation champion
- Coordinate Quality System Implementation and Improvement
- Implement or Improve existing processes
- Coordinate completion of Corrective Actions
- Commercialize New Products
- Work with R&D to validate new recipes
- Oversee the quality of Freestyle recipes
- Address internal and external customer concerns
- Audit teams.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coach Quality STAR point teams
- Monitor Quality Metrics & Improvement projects
- Facilitate Help Requests
- Review prior day's metrics
- Complete Action on Accountability Board
- Facilitate Help Request
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (3 yrs minimum)
- Schedule flexibility and some weekend work is expected (as needed)
Desired Technical Skills:
The Coca-Cola Quality System:
- Knowledge and application of policies, principles and standards of The Coca-Cola System in order to ensure consistent quality, protect the Company's trademarks, promote customer and consumer satisfaction, and respond to changing business needs
- Knowledge of process definition, flow charting and process management techniques. Includes knowledge of scale-up from bench to commercialization and process/formula ingredient interactions. Ability to establish and define processes, interrelationships, key controls, and to continuously monitor and improve processes to facilitate the efficient and effective execution of business activities
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes; includes understanding how design changes will affect these processes with regard to lead time, resources requirements, acquisition cost and tooling cost. Knowledge of material handling processes for moving material/products throughout the manufacturing and distribution process
- Quality System Implementation
- Ability to apply and implement quality system (e.g. ISO, Malcolm Baldridge, Six Sigma and HACCP) and to guide others in developing and implementation quality systems.
Quality Assurance Principles:
- Knowledge and application of quality cost analysis, inspection, corrective action planning, customer and consumer satisfaction tracking, internal monitoring in order to detect and correct non-confirming information, material and processes using modern quality problem-solving tool.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top