Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Business Performance & Analytics Manager will lead the development and implementation of digitization solutions and predictive analytic models to better support the Food Service On-Premise (FSOP) business unit.
- Build critical capability in forecasting, modeling, and analyzing secondary level volume. Lead the design and implementation of an interconnected forecast model on the preferred platform. Ultimately, work with business and technical partners and data/system experts to expand and scale model solutions beyond volume analytics including secondary and primary P&L financials, related dash-boarding and reporting.
- Leverage predictive analytics and customer level insights to develop the weekly and monthly secondary volume forecast for FSOP after careful and objective assessment of the range of possible outcomes.
- Own the weekly business review routines and deliverables along with the NFSOP President and VP of Finance. Specifically, this role will provide clear insights and a reasoned point of view to the Business Plan, Rolling Estimate, aligned Forecast, and R&O routines
- Lead the “digitizing” of our finance work flows and processes and deploy multi-dimensional models that leverage a data framework representing single sources of truth across multiple use cases. Use cases cover all reporting and analysis routines/deliverable inside of the monthly close, RE and business planning processes involving both primary and secondary volume and related financials.
- Lead project(s) to scale and expand applicable model usage across NFSOP and the Revenue Center teams.
- Liaise with other partners/functions (i.e., Controllers' Group, FSOP Revenue Centers, Performance Intelligence Ctr, and I/T) to translate the business process requirements to support inbound & outbound data integrations into and out of Coca Cola North America financial systems (e.g., BPC) and data sources (e.g., FDW, Teradata) and selected model platforms
- Role will lead or consult on model development, forecasting, and predictive analytics. Specifically, role will 1) be a systematic thinker who can provide analytic, data drive solutions to business problems; 2) have understanding of statistics and conceptual understanding of machine learning methods; 3) have keen eye for detail and the investigation of data before relying on it for model/algorithm development; and 4) identify the right modeling solution or concept for a given business problem
- Accountable for accuracy, quality, and standardization of master data in selected modeling platform including documentation and visualizations (i.e., volume, customer, distributor, etc.)
- Continuously pursue improvements to model and forecasting effectiveness by keeping current with latest tools, technologies, standards, best practices, user community, and online training
- Lead creation of data visualizations that provide insight into overall business performance and leverage data from multiple sources to build effective models for automation, knowledge discovery, decision-making, insights, optimization, monitoring, and new capabilities.
- Leverage digital platforms to quickly and accurately assess, report against, and steward volume and financial performance as part of management routines and deliverables
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership and cross-functional partners while maintaining a persuasive/credible presentation style at all levels of the organization including performance management routines and weekly business reviews
- B.A. in Engineering, Business, Finance or related degree in a quantitative field, like Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, Economics, Marketing Research, Ops Research; MBA is desirable
- 3 - 6+ years in finance, business analytics, business planning, data modeling and visualization, and/or forecasting preferred
- Experience preferred with data management methods and/or with developing, deploying, maintaining, and/or enhancing data driven multi-dimensional systems and visualization platforms (i.e., Anaplan, Tableau, Micro Strategy, Power BI, HANA S4, and/or other modeling tools)
- Experience preferred with synthesizing large, complex data sets from various sources and building out related predictive analytics and/or automating data process flows with tools like Alteryx
- Experience preferred in project management, change management, and process development/improvement
TRAVEL: Up to 10% of work time under normal conditions
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top