Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Description: Key resource in the development and commercialization of new product and packaging innovation for North America. The Category Commercial Senior Manager, Sparkling Products/Packages collaborates with the SSD Category Business Unit, National Retail Sales/Franchise Leadership, National Product Supply Group, and the broader Commercial Organization to successfully execute innovation initiatives utilizing the Common Innovation Framework (CIF) methodology and standard tools & processes.
The Senior Manager, Sparkling Products/Packages is a key resource in the development and commercialization of new product and packaging innovation for North America. The Category Commercial Senior Manager, Sparkling Products/Packages collaborates with the SSD Category Business Unit, National Retail Sales/Franchise Leadership, National Product Supply Group, and the broader Commercial Organization to successfully execute innovation initiatives utilizing the Common Innovation Framework (CIF) methodology and standard tools & processes.
Innovation Initiative Leadership
- Leading project portfolios and programs across a designated brand or package portfolio
- Securing and managing cross-functional resources
- Developing and executing project plans against standard timelines
- Stewarding projects through the CIF process as appropriate and maintaining initiatives in the Coke Works system
- Facilitating identification of project risks and establishing risk management plans
- Executing project close-outs and project post-launch reviews
- Manages requirements for sales samples and developing plans to enable national and local sales teams to authorize innovation
Meeting Content and Initiative Stewardship
- Owns the coordination of content for Category Operations innovation materials to support National Retail Sales (NRS) and Bottler Feedback sessions, Project Forecast Calibration, System Readiness and other key system meetings such as the Brand Planning Sub-Committee and the Product Life Cycle Subcommittee as needed
- Provide verbal and/or written project updates in all appropriate routines, as needed
- Owns the collection and stewardship of tracking key success criteria against category initiatives
- Owns weekly updates and communication of project trackers to the broader system
- Responsible for coordinating completion of each Operating Plan chapter with key cross-functional partners, publishing to Coke Channel on-time/in-full, and updating key information as required
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- 5 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Strong background in project and process management
- Broad strategy development and implementation expertise across multiple packages, categories, channels, and customers
- Basic working knowledge of supply chain and forecasting processes
- 8 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Brand, Commercial, Revenue Growth Management, Channel Management and/or Strategic planning experience
Specialized Technical Skills
- Expert level PowerPoint skills
- Expert level EXCEL skills
- Analytics experience - ability to draw insights and make well founded recommendations from data
- Proven track record for ability to lead cross-functional teams to Deliver Results
- Collaborating with channel and brand teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent Project / Program Management Skills (PMP Preferred)
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the Business (Coca-Cola processes, roles, culture, & etc.)
- Shopper insights, category management, and shopper marketing experience
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management process
- Expertise in Innovation, Supply Chain and/or Technical Function(s)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top