Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:This position is part of the Treasury & Benefits Accounting Group, which is a member of the Controller's Group within Corporate Finance. This role is primarily responsible for processing the accounting of the Company's foreign currency transactions including derivative hedging activities. This position will also assist a cross functional project team to implement new Treasury Management Systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, commitment to operating excellence, ability to deliver results with conflicting priorities and agility to be successful in a rapidly changing environment.
- Process accounting for foreign currency transactions and hedging activities; review of designated hedge relationships, processing of daily accounting, perform and oversee month-end close for foreign currency transactions.
- Review system generated mark-to-market valuations for foreign currency derivatives and ensure general ledger balances are properly stated in accordance with ASC 815 and company policy.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation and narrative analysis for foreign currency derivative related accounts.
- Assist in the preparation foreign currency analysis and deliver insights to leadership and Corporate Treasury.
- Prepare foreign currency schedules for footnote disclosures, annual tax requests, internal audit, external audit, and other ad-hoc year-end requests.
- Apply and promote internal controls, standards and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting and communications.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience; CPA required
Related Work Experience: At least 5 years
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles: knowledge and ability to understand U.S. and local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financial Analysis: the ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, return on investments) This includes creating spreadsheets, explaining variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations. Must have competent analytical skills, including the ability to prepare both quantitative and qualitative analyses to support and guide decision-making.
- Financial Policies and Procedures: knowledge of the Company's financial policies and procedures including Standard Practices and Procedures, Standard Accounting Codes, Reporting And Budgeting, Code of Business Conduct, as well as internal policies and procedures specific to area of responsibility.
- Control Environment: ability to apply current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include evaluating procedures properly.
- Transaction Knowledge: knowledge of and ability to understand business transactions (e.g., accruals, derivatives, remeasurement, etc.) and their corresponding accounting implications and/or actions.
- Corporate Structures: ability to understand complex Company legal entity organization structure.
- Accounting Theory: knowledge of and ability to understand accounting theory (e.g., internal controls, financial statement preparation, accrual accounting).
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top