Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Senior Engineer II, Equipment Innovation is responsible for conducting research and establishing the feasibility of breakthrough equipment technologies for the existing and emerging beverage portfolio. The role will include assessing new technologies, proposing routes to new immediate consumption consumer experiences, leveraging external technology from other markets, guiding current and new suppliers, and implementing new concepts in a scalable fashion. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with external vendors to bring concepts through functional prototype stage to validated equipment. This position reports to the Director, Equipment Technologies, and will work with extended team members from Global Engineering organization.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead and project manage design and development work in emerging platforms to drive consumer experience solutions with internal teams, external vendors, suppliers, universities and design agencies
- Provide relevant and timely technology assessments for Leadership on existing and new equipment technologies
- Lead or participate on cross-functional global priority projects to analyze, de-risk and/ or introduce new technologies
- Apply subject matter expertise in robotics, refrigeration design, thermodynamics and transport phenomena across Global Engineering
- Apply scientific and engineering principles to further fundamental understanding of immediate consumption technologies and apply to experimental design to develop corresponding data
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure project progress and maximize value to the System.
- Develop and apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
- Engineering Analysis: Apply analytical engineering tools including critical path problem solving, fault tree analysis and root cause failure analysis for the purpose of determining design feasibility and identifying sources of variation from designed performance specifications.
- Design, prototype & assess cold drink equipment technologies and concepts to product and process specifications (e.g., functionality and operational feasibility), as well as develop value chain and economic feasibility analysis for candidate solutions.
- Develop strategic cooling technology platforms and make recommendations to Company management (e.g., senior technical management) about emerging trends & opportunities, technology capabilities or scientific breakthroughs to support the Company's strategic direction.
Related Work Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of relevant experience in R&D and/or design, or commercialization in areas of equipment or engineering.
- The ideal candidate will be a hand's on engineer, experienced in solving complex problems, designing/building prototypes and conducting experiments.
- Experienced in facilitating & driving consumer needs based concepting and linking with existing or emerging technologies to develop winning business solutions.
- Expert knowledge of physical phenomena, thermodynamics, mass & energy transfer and engineering design.
- Track record of developing and commercializing significant new technologies to solve & drive business objectives.
- Experimental design & analysis: Use of design of experiments, iterative methods, statistical & data analysis.
- Effectively communicates and influences non-technical senior managers.
- IP and Confidentiality: Experience managing confidentiality, handling agreements, and comfort with advanced patent searching techniques. The ideal candidate will have multiple patents/ applications for commercialized technology.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree required in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Engineering (preferred)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top