Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Scientist II - Packaging Analytical role will perform routine and non-routine packaging physical performance testing, packaging material characterization including chemical and thermal/mechanical analysis. Testing method development and validation for supporting the sustainable packaging design, development, and optimizing robust processes for new and existing beverage packaging at our Atlanta Office Complex and Packaging Engineering Technology Center located in Atlanta.
Function Related Activates / Key Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and non-routine packaging physical performance evaluation, conduct material characterization including chemical and thermal/mechanical testing on packaging and packaging materials.
- New testing method development/validation and establishment of new capabilities
- Maintain analytical instruments and ensure turn-around time and test result reliability.
- Perform new instrument installation, software operation, method setup, troubleshooting, and data processing.
- Maintain test request database and achieving test results.
- Stay current with industry trends on latest packaging testing technologies and capabilities.
Education & Eligibility:
- BS in Science or related with 0-3 years pertinent experience
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Perform packaging physical performance testing using instrumental methods in order to determine packaging performance.
- Perform thermal/mechanical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the material properties.
- Working with senior engineers and scientists to evaluate and validate existing test methods; and to develop new test methods.
- Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications and approve for shipment to Company plants.
- Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize laboratory efficiency (e.g., prioritize sample analysis, assign tasks, preventative maintenance).
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing).
- Dispose of expired retained samples and chemicals according to schedules and expiration dates in order to keep lab area clean and safe.
- Attend routine presentations and refresher courses regarding safety and environmental issues (e.g., waste disposal) to ensure up-to-date knowledge and adherence to related company policies.
- Purchase laboratory supplies to maintain proper level of inventory.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top