Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Principal Auditor is responsible for assisting management in assessing the adequacy of the Company's internal control environment by performing audits and value-added services. This position will lead and participate in audit engagements of varying size and complexity ensuring the successful completion of assigned audit activities. The Principal Auditor will apply risk and control concepts along with an understanding of business operations to identify and communicate results to management. Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, communication, and problem solving skills along with the ability to contribute in a dynamic team environment while maintaining accountability for individual performance objectives and goals.
- Lead and/or participate on multiple audit engagements and projects simultaneously ensuring each engagement is conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Obtain an understanding of business processes and leverage an understanding of risk and control concepts to develop risk assessments, audit programs and testing procedures that appropriately address identified risks and project objectives.
- Review audit evidence and demonstrate the ability to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the state of the client's control environment.
- Identify and appropriately communicate audit issues to management, offering recommended solutions that address risks and are relevant to the business.
- Prepare working papers that are accurate, complete and well-documented ensuring adherence to applicable Department and professional standards at all times.
- Perform reviews of working papers to ensure accuracy and completion and assist in clearing any review points provided by team leads and / or audit management.
- Provide timely updates to team leads and / or audit management on engagement progress and audit issues ensuring all deadlines are consistently achieved
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
Related Work Experience:
- At least 4 years of related work experience in an auditing capacity with a public accounting firm (BIG 4 Advisory highly desired), a well-established corporate internal audit department or other finance function within a multinational fast moving consumer goods organization.
- One or more relevant professional certifications (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, Chartered Accountant). CPA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading small to medium size teams.
- Proficiency in English, both verbally and in written form required. Ability to speak multiple languages strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Company's business operations or external manufacturing experience preferable the Consumer Packaged Goods industry (CPG).
- Excellent analytical skillset and critical mindset.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Strong collaboration, team player, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% required (Domestic based positions only).
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Corporate Audit Department is accountable for delivering the annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This plan is time bound and each audit in the plan has a defined start and end period. The nature of the work is deadline driven. In addition, following are other demonstrated behaviors and abilities needed to function successfully in role.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and independence at all times.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of business processes, risks and controls, and apply auditing standards to assignments through practical application.
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to remain flexible and flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment with competing priorities and deadlines, including a willingness to adapt to new surroundings, circumstances, information, challenges and flexibility to work in an environment with shared work space both on and at off-site locations.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of clients and team-members consistently delivering the highest quality communication, work product and client service. Demonstrate an ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently ensuring work efforts are directed toward the desired outcome.
- Solid communication and listening skills and the ability to identify gaps in logic.
- Perform other assigned tasks successfully as required.
- Flexibility to work in excess of a standard 40 hours per week to complete each audit on time and deliver the annual audit plan.
- Act as an Ambassador of the Department and Company consistently demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top