Job Description Summary:Ensure supply of materials to meet production plan and manage suppliers in day-to-day basis, while optimizing inventory, lead time, write-offs and supply chain efficiency.
Develop strategy and negotiate for locally managed spend of both ingredients and packaging materials.
Responsible for driving Kaizen activities in procurement process in line with global standardization initiatives and developing value creation opportunities.
- Business Planning
- Perform budget preparation of materials / ingredients requirement, and execute the process of PPV analysis
- Supplier Management & Development
- Manage existing suppliers by regular performance review on supplier's delivery and drive improvement.
- File in non-compliance report, record SSDR; perform root cause analysis with suppliers & internal related parties, and make sure correction plan in place and actions taken to achieve effectiveness; and follow through till closure.
- Perform adequate checks on product quality, stability and price competitiveness, to drive improvement in cost structure, supply reliability and flexibility.
- Manage suppliers in accordance with Supply Guiding Principle (SGP) and make sure period audits conducted, as well as other cooperative initiatives, like Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), etc..
- Purchase Order Management
- Ensure manufacturing requirements are met and inventory policy adhered to.
- Follow through and monitor inbound deliveries with Suppliers, Warehouse, 3PL, BU and related parties in Moriyama to ensure materials are available in-time for production and meeting inventory guidelines.
- Liaise with suppliers and 3PL to expedite the activities coordinating for receiving of inbound materials to support production usage and trials. Activities include and are not limited to custom clearance, registration of products with the necessary authorities, export and import clearance, transportation / freight coordination.
- Revise delivery schedule in a timely manner to communicate changes either internally or externally driven (eg, changes in customer priorities) to the relevant parties. Pull in or push out ingredients / packaging materials accordingly to ensure a healthy inventory situation.
- Liaise with Master Planner, Production, QA, Warehouse, Product Commercialization, Formulations and related parties in BU as appropriate.
- Ensure Purchase Order closure and perform Invoice verification with Finance, as necessary.
- Inventory/Write-off Management
- Purchase ingredients and materials in adherence to the inventory guidelines to support the production plan, and optimize inventory level.
- Support the Materials Review Board (MRB) process by ensuring inventory levels comply with company's policy and write-off are minimized.
- Proactively communicate inventory at risk and coordinate with other functions to minimize write-off from supply management point of view.
- Negotiate with suppliers in terms of compensation for committed part of ingredient.
- Category Management & Negotiation
- Identify supplier portfolio for locally/regionally managed ingredients/packaging materials; perform industry analysis, optimize internal needs and develop category strategy for management.
- Internal stakeholders management
- Proactively work with various stakeholders, such as R&D, Quality, Production, etc, especially with global procurement partners—SIS and CPS Procurement team, give constructive input/feedbacks and implement category procurement strategy.
- IT compliance and maintenance
- As part controller for purchased items in SAP, review and manage the Master Data and planning parameters in SAP or other planning system on a continuous basis to ensure good accurate and reliable information are exploded from MRP.
- Drive SAP utilization standardization
- Local regulation/authority management
- Understand and comply with local policies and authorities' requirements, and share internally when necessary
- Drive improvement initiatives
- Ownership of Kaizen activity in procurement process.
- Proactively be involved and make contribution to the global supply management initiative.
- Lead to identify and execute value creation opportunities.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top