Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The World of Coca-Cola, located in Atlanta, GA, the home of Coca-Cola, first opened August 02, 1990 and was relocated from Underground Atlanta to Pemberton Place May 24, 2007. Currently, the World of Coca-Cola is the main attraction for The Coca-Cola Company. It attracts over 1.2M visitors per year and is a key tourist attraction in the region.
The Attraction Director is focused against developing and executing the operational strategic vision and goals for the World of Coca-Cola attraction and Coca-Cola store. The role is responsible for efficiently leading the day-to-day operation, via a proactive approach to driving premium guest experience, show quality attraction and store presentation, and delivering best-in-class health and safety standards.
This role is responsible for the profitability of the attraction and stores; achieving revenue goals through sales of premium ticket experiences, store revenue and conversion rate, labor and expense management and inventory control. The role also oversees the attraction Sales and Events efforts.
The Attraction Director is responsible for delivering a robust employee experience and ensuring effective, recruitment, training and development and succession planning. The role assumes direct leadership of a team of nine management level individuals and a team of 100 plus associates.
This role requires successful collaboration with multiple stakeholders, such as Facilities, Human Resources and Visual Merchandise, to ensure business plans are achieved.
Lead and deliver premium Guest Experience:
- Leads and executes the guest experience strategy at the attraction and store level, in line with all KPI's and measures.
- Leads and directs the frontline operations team during daily trading - proactively managing all operational issues with the support of the Associate Managers and Supervisors.
- Ensure the availability of all guest-facing interactives and core attraction elements, collaborating with the Facilities function as appropriate.
- Review and evaluate Mystery Shop and Guest Survey data to identify trends in customer feedback and make improvements as needed.
- Coaching and motivating staff to provide premium guest experience and to maximize sales in admissions and the retail store.
Financial and Business Acumen:
- Accountable for achieving financial objectives by reviewing daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators (i.e., attendance, ticketing revenue and yield, avg. transaction, etc.), analyze variances and initiate plans to exceed goals and outperform.
- Lead the Store Managers to deliver budgeted retail revenue, margin, conversion rate and average transaction goals.
- Minimize business risk through effective inventory management and Loss Prevention protocols.
- Effectively lead the in-attraction photography third-party partner to maximize secondary revenue.
- Lead the Sales and Events team to maximize secondary revenue in to the Attraction.
Labor Management and Coverage:
- Controls operational costs (OPEX) through effective labor and expense management.
- Cross-utilize talent to maintain productivity.
- Proactively partners with Human Resources and other partners to ensure labor needs are met, employees are trained and ready to meet the demands of the business.
- Understands how to effectively staff against varying visitor mix, ensuring that the attraction and store are always scheduled appropriately.
- Lead by example and is a role model for all employees to follow.
- Create and maintain a culture of “belonging” amongst all employees.
- Management of all policies and procedures in partnership with HR/ER and Group Director, Operations to ensure and efficient and productive work environment.
- Drives a culture of trust and collaboration.
- Able to demonstrate success in leading an hourly employee population.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 5 years at Attraction Manager or senior operational level in a high visitor volume location, where retail revenue represented a significant portion of total revenue.
- Hands on accountability and responsibility for delivering high-volume visitors on an annual basis.
- Highly motivated and an inspirational leader.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Proven success in delivering revenues in a fast-paced attraction and retail environment.
- Superb communication capabilities.
- Experience managing a labor budget north of $2M.
- Create and implement the guest experience strategy for the attraction and stores.
- Conduct monthly Business Reviews with Group Director, Operations.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with Attraction and Store management team.
- Build and deliver a robust employee experience plan.
- Create and deliver a Leadership development plan for all direct reports.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top