Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:July 21, 2019
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Responsible for establishing and maintaining optimal production schedule that meets demand requirements as well as meeting customer service levels. Responsible for timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials to meet production plan and inventory control for raw materials within approved guidelines.
- Plan production: work with plan operations to understand constraints and capabilities to achieve optimal planning by increasing output while reducing cost.
- Generates, review and monitor purchase orders. Resolve errors on purchase orders as needed by working with AP, supplier and receiving facility. Ensure that incoming materials are in compliance with Coca-Cola standards.
- Review reports for stock outs and expedite open orders to full fill production schedule. Works with procurement on supplier's opportunities with MOQ and lead times.
- Inventory management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/re-order levels to for finished goods and raw materials in order to support operational plans and customer demand of the plant as well as inventory levels within the parameter set by inventory policy.
- Monitoring levels continuously making adjustments to future planned production and purchase orders as necessary. Monitor “age of stock” reports to avoid risk of slow moving and obsolete materials.
- Master Data: maintain, monitor and revise essential system planning data to ensure SAP system effectively planning future material requirements for finished goods and raw materials.
- Appreciation for the importance that master data plays in driving the MRP process.
- Must have ability to identify gaps in master data that are driving sub-optimal MRP results.
- Demand Forecast: review historical customer orders and material usage versus forecast and work with Demand Planning on under/over forecast to achieved optimal inventory management.
- Knowledge of demand forecasting techniques and inputs (e.g. business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Supplier Collaboration: Ensure that the SAP system creating demand signals sufficient to drive supplier production planning.
- Maintain tactical execution relationships with supplier production and distribution points sharing information regarding quality and delivery failures.
- New Items & Product discontinuations: Ensure availability of material requirements for all new product and package launches.
- Coordinate run-out of materials and/or ingredients for all package sunsets. Also coordinates the commercialization of new products.
- Clearly and proactively communicate potential supply chain interruptions.
- People manager: manage a team of up to 4 Planner IIs. Sets goals and expectations for each direct report. Coach, provide tools and holds team accountable for performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field. CPIM certified is a plus.
Related Work Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in Production Planning/Material Planning/Inventory Control
- Ability to define a problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and solutions.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Material Requirements Planning - ability to plan materials in SAP in order to support ongoing business.
- Information Systems - Knowledge and use of SAP or another ERP tool.
- Advance excel and access experience is a plus. Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the organization. Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Strong analytical skills and have the ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top