Job Description Summary:The Coca-Cola Company is looking for awesome rock stars to build its Technological Capability. The Salesforce Delivery Lead will be accountable for the development and support of a top Coca-Cola project to drive our e-commerce Salesforce solutions. This position will manage a highly skilled team of up-to 10 associates. This is a space that the company is spending heavily. We are creating a center of expertise in Mexico city to design, develop and support solutions that will help us grow exponentially across the Americas. As we are building the whole Salesforce Practice in Coca-Cola, you will have the chance to hire, develop and coach your team. You will work in a highly empowered and engaging environment. We want your help to create and build this new team.
- Lead from the front-lines to define, design and implement high quality Salesforce solutions
- Manages the day to day assignment of resource assignments as welll as validating major deliverables
- Coaches the team, improving technical and soft skills
- Connect with other teams to integrate products
- Provide visibility over plans and status to multiple stakeholders (business & IT)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Effective Communication both in Spanish and English
- 5+ years of hands-on Salesforce development either in configuration or programming
- 3+ years leading complex teams
- Experience as platform architect, providing technical leadership and guidance designing enterprise software
- Experience leading teams in full stack development
- Exposure to two of the following languages: Java, Python, NodeJS
- Experience to accessing REST API's and web services
- Experience to accessing databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle/NoSQL, Mongo, Dynamo, Cosmos
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum / DevOps development methodology
- Can connect beyond the Technical speak
- Able to prepare create and align workplans
- Proficiency in Jira, or similar Agile life cycle management tools
- Skilled at backlog grooming, priorization and assigning the right task to the right resource
- Skilled at managing and growing people, specially junior/technical resources
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
- Experience in commercial, B2B solutions
- Experience working in a multinational, distributed team, with in-house and external delivery resources.
- Certified ScrumMaster, CSPO or PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Experience using CI/CD tools - Bitbucket, Github, GoCD, Bamboo, or Terraform
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top