Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Director, Channel Strategy - Drug/Value designs and executes channel marketing programs incl. product promotion, sales channels and pricing; focuses on identifying and helping in the roll out of industry campaigns by partners, mentoring to partners marketing teams etc.; may coordinate channel trade shows and in-store events. Individual contributor and acknowledged expert both within and outside of the organization; typically participates in industry/knowledge reference groups.
- Leads development of a multi-year channel strategy based on strategic shopper & category insights. Responsible for defining role, business ambition, and how we will win in these channels. Creates multi-year growth strategies and prioritizes commercial big bets to drive the growth. Determines key metrics and multi-year objectives.
- Responsible for partnering with NRS Drug/Value Customer Teams, RGM, Brand, Category Commercialization, Innovation team , and Franchise, to develop segmented, multi-year strategy, corridors, and pipeline for the channel. Identifies and stewards opportunities to optimize route to market and investment choices in support of Innovation Strategy.
- Creates annual channel plan designed to deliver multi-year strategy. Leverages revenue pools and Sources of Growth to determine channel priorities. Partners with shopper marketing and category commercialization to determine key merchandising, marketing, and commercial tools to deliver each priority. Creates execution targets for key priorities and sets national execution priorities.
- Leads the development of annual and monthly channel Picture of Success. Determines priority points of contact in the outlet and prioritizes brands, packages, and occasion-based solutions for each point of contact. Develops annual activation calendar by point of contact.
- Owns all commercial and Ready to Sell routines for the Drug & Value channels. Responsible for partnering with Category Commercialization and Shopper Marketing to communicate channel priorities and solutions to NRS and bottler partners.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Development of channel strategy & plan to drive revenue growth including annual operations plan for execution with NRS and franchise leadership:
- Responsible for the development of channel strategies that tie to a 3 yr. commercial plan and achieve company revenue, volume and profit goals
- Leads the strategic thinking derived from situation and opportunity assessment to develop competitive annual commercial plans for Drug and Value channels
- Leads brand and event prioritization and establishes activation sequencing for highest leverage opportunities
- Defines the annual and monthly Picture of Success standards & guidance aligned to channel goals and key initiatives
- Interfaces closely with Category Commercial teams to ensure translation of brand strategies into channel-relevant commercial plans
- Partners with BU RGM in piloting future Price/Pack architecture for the Channel(s)
- Partners with Shopper Marketing to build and strengthen retail solutions for the Drug/Value Channel(s)
- Prioritizes primary channel research initiatives to be submitted to Knowledge & Insights (K&I) group
- Identifies, stewards, and tracks annual national execution priorities for Drug & Value channels
Lead development and maintenance of multi-year innovation strategy for the Drug & Value Channels
- Leverage shopper & customer insights to define and prioritize potential innovation corridors in partnership with NRS teams
- Work with Cat Comm team and Innovation team to assess and validate innovation corridors
- Create and commercialize customer-facing Drug/Value channel innovation strategy story
Responsible for collaboration with NRS and Franchise partners to steward channel initiatives with key customer and bottling partners
- Stewards channel big bets (initiatives, innovations, occasion solutions) with NRS and Franchise partners to increase sell-in;
- Leads deployment of key routines such as Ready to Sell & Bi-Weekly Commercial routines with NRS community to communicate priorities and inspire teams to drive differentiated retail activation
- Monitors & stewards performance tracking of channel priorities
- Directs adjustments to performance gaps
Development and implementation of channel initiatives to drive category and shopper value and importantly, System revenue, volume and profit growth
- Create and develop insight-driven channel initiatives that provide thought leadership to customer & franchise teams that and provide a differentiated competitive advantage and support the achievement of annual Company / channel goals
- Build tools to support capability and sell-in of initiatives such as selling stories, solutions and resource guides
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Level: Masters degree in business or other graduate degree
Related Work Experience
- 8-10 yrs. experience, preferably in the consumer packaged goods / beverages industry
- Developing insights-based strategies and translating them into executable commercial plans & tactics
- Monitoring and stewarding performance results and implementing changes to achieve plan
- Strong knowledge of Channels & trends
- Translation of Shopper/Retail/Industry Insights into actions
- Proactive opportunity identification and thought leadership
- Ability to synthesize needs of multiple key stakeholders
- Planning experience; strategic and tactical thinking (forward-looking vision, anticipation of future needs, understanding operational levers)
- Strong communicator and strong presentation skills
- 10-12 yrs. experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Strategic brand management/channel strategy/category strategy experience
- Experience calling on/strong interface with Customers and/or Bottlers
- Familiar with the use of “Collaborating for Value” & Collaborative Business Planning process
- Experience building and implementing strategies and commercialization plans for key retail channels
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top