Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:August 5, 2019
Job Description Summary:Reporting directly to the Russia General Manager, the Moscow & St Petersburg Acceleration Director is responsible to define and capture the mass premiumization beverage opportunity that is fuelled by a rapid urbanization trend in the cities of Moscow & St Petersburg. For reference the GDP per capita of Moscow is equivalent to that of the Netherlands while St Petersburg is equivalent to that of Spain, however, the KO average price per litre is equal in Moscow & St Petersburg vs the rest of the country. This indicates an exponential growth opportunity to increase NRS per case and overall revenue for the Russia business via a segmented business acceleration approach to these two cities.
Key responsibilities of the Moscow & St Petersburg Acceleration Director are to:
• Define the size of the mass premiumization incremental revenue/profit prize: this will be based on a deep understanding of the Moscow (pop: 13.2 million) and St Petersburg (pop: 6.2 million) relevant consumer tribes and emerging trends.
• Establish a Moscow & St Petersburg plan: the LRP and BP must both contain a dedicated plan to win in these cities with a precision portfolio/package/channel and connections approach with clear definition of the resources (investment/people) required.
• Establish a segmented connections plan: this will include the appropriate media mix, activation of signature events/festivals and will model use of the PET model with creative that is tailored to the Moscow & St Petersburg tribes that represent the mass premiumization opportunity.
• Develop world-class toolkits: initial belief is that these toolkits should be based on the Leisure Away from Home/Socializing occasion focused on the brands with the highest revenue upside potential - Coca-Cola and Schweppes along with preferred packs - Glass and Bottle can in the HORECA channel.
This new role involves leadership and accountability to design, understand, analyze and connect all KBIs related to the development, execution and performance of the Moscow & St Petersburg plan. This plan will enable the Russia System to secure exponential growth and establish a sustainable long-term competitive advantage that helps us win in Russia.
- Define the size of the incremental revenue/profit prize based on forward-looking, compelling and actionable insights around “premium” consumer tribes in order to create a dedicated plan for Moscow and St Petersburg. RGM best practices will be used for opportunity identification, mapping of revenue/profit pools, comprising key Consumer & Shopper insights, allowing for clear prioritization and well-aligned, in-sync System approaches for tapping into this mass premiumization opportunity.
- Lead and coordinate the development of integrated plans that are included in the LRP + ABP in close collaboration with Russia System leadership, aimed at identifying, prioritizing and capturing the mass premiumization opportunities for Moscow and St Petersburg. These plans must be holistic and leverage global best practices from “premiumized cities” like Tokyo, Mexico City and Paris. An “outside in” mentality must be adopted with close attention to industries/brands with proven success at mass premiumization eg Starbucks, Diageo, BMW.
- Establish a segmented and breakthrough connections plan that includes the appropriate overall investment to realize the accelerated growth of Moscow and St Petersburg, the optimal media mix to connect with the defined consumer tribes, signature events/festivals that are loved and attended/followed by our target tribes. It is critical to leverage the use of the PET model as creating experiences and fueling talkability will be key to realize the mass premiumization opportunity. Dedicated and collectable pack designs should also be considered to drive talkability and be leveraged in the appropriate experiential events.
- Develop and lead the implementation of world-class toolkits with an initial belief that these should be based on the Leisure Away from Home/Socializing occasion at bars/cafes/clubs focused on the brands with the highest revenue upside potential - Coca-Cola and Schweppes along with preferred premium packs that offer NSR per case realization - Glass/Bottle can. Tool kits should include state of the art designed and innovative racks, point of sale material and CDE with a clearly defined picture of success.
- Provide strong analytic expertise and scorecards to drive superior business and performance understanding. KBI's are: NSR per case, Glass Bottle conversion and FSLM among target tribes.
- Enhance engagement through team leadership and professional development while role modeling performance enablement and growth mindset
- Experience in brand management and/or trade marketing from the KO System or a company that has a proven track record of mass premiumization.
- 10+ years of work experience
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top