Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:51% - 75%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:As the Principal Engineer this role will have responsibility for execution of an infrastructure plan, closing the gaps between current capabilities and future requirements by way of investment. This effort will occur across a variety of areas including: adding capability and capacity to support top line growth, including the commercialization of new products and packages; improvements in efficiency and effectiveness to provide productivity improvements; reduction in water and energy consumption to facilitate our sustainability goals; implementation and utilization of new technologies to support our demand driven journey and stewardship of our assets to ensure continuous operation of our system.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for solving a variety of complex engineering problems; assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions; ensures products, equipment and materials are designed and developed to the highest standard; establishes design constraints; collaborates with management to define technical needs. Individual contributor who guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- The Principal Engineer will work closely with the Region Engineering team and Supply Chain Leadership supporting company owned and co-man owned locations, process engineering, packaging and product commercialization, Environmental Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Asset stewardship programs will cover building infrastructure replacement and maintenance covering areas including but not limited to roofs, HVAC, lighting, paving and dock doors and levelers. Machinery and equipment responsibilities will span all areas of manufacturing, including but not limited to: Warehouse automation, beverage processing, packaging equipment, refrigeration, water treatment and various support systems.
- The purpose of the role is to provide best in class solutions that support the region to best-in-class, capabilities. This is achieved by focusing on process, people and service. The focus is on ensuring consistent professional execution of projects by integrating standard processes and leveraging skill-sets in project management and communication.
- A key element is enabling manufacturing operations by providing service oriented solutions. The Principal Engineer will need to promote collaboration with other groups, specifically, Supply Chain Planning and Strategy to provide input in the execution of the long-term capital plans; Operational Excellence to enable new Lean processes; and Procurement to manage equipment suppliers. This role will also assert leadership and direction setting for certain cross-functional initiatives and provide technical expertise and leadership for operations.
- The position is responsible for ensuring effective capital program management, which is essential to the security and quality of product supply and the generation of value through effective investment. In addition to capital and executional requirements, the role will be responsible for improving the reliability of the manufacturing operations through data driven analytics and identifying/developing technical solutions.
- Align and Prioritize projects with key business stakeholders and region leadership. Supports a regular review of the stakeholder analysis to identify and segment key stakeholders, understand their needs, and identify communication/interaction/ routines
- Support regular review of the stakeholder analysis to identify and segment key stakeholders, understand their needs, and identify communication/interaction routines
- Organization Impact/Influence: Interface directly with senior Company leadership, Region Leader, Engineering & Supply Chain leadership team, R&D plant managers, production managers and other stakeholders. Strong interface with quality, environment, risk management and legal departments at corporate level. Deal with contractors and suppliers at senior level; up to President / CEO as necessary.
- Experience working effectively with teams outside formal lines of authority to accomplish goals
- Success being measured by budget and schedule as well as performance of the investment overall in meeting the Company's requirements and objectives
- Sources best in class technology to support efficiency and optimization drive improvements in equipment capability, asset utilization, environmental performance, safety and loss prevention for the company as a whole
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills, aligning to the region OGSIM
- Establish objectives for each member of a project team to clarify expectations and the relationship of his or her work to that of others on the team
- Drive employee engagement and organizational health through a culture of accountability, being team driven and customer focused with operational excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent field required, MBA or equivalent preferred
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of Technical Engineering and Project Management experience within CPG/Food & Beverage manufacturing industry is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; proven ability to clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved, and the needs of the audience are met
- Collaborating - work effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Analytical Thinking - summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact-based decisions
- Creative Thinking - generate innovative “out-of-the-box” approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results
- Prioritizing - coordinate and organize resources in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top