Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
This role will lead the Trade Strategy & Insights team, with 5 FTE ranging from analyst to senior manager. The TS&I team leads the development of insights and deployment of capability for our Trade Promotion Optimization asset. The team engages in the organization as internal consultants across business groups, working to identify business priorities and questions from key groups, and using proprietary datasets to create insights and selling stories to inform both long term retail pricing strategy and the short-term optimization of customer promotional plans
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead a highly engaged and motivated team of 5 focused on the deployment and adoption of the Trade Promotion Optimization solution by:
- Establishing the overall department strategy and direction for TPO insights team in the deployment of the system capabilities
- Engaging with Senior leadership across the business to ensure prioritization is in line with business expectations
- Lead the development and creation of tools and processes for stakeholders to engage in “self-service” access to the promotion optimization community
- Lead the embedding of TPO solution across KO system
- Act as the face of trade insights group to senior leadership across the Coca Cola system
- Establish key relationships with leaders within the National Retail Sales, Revenue Growth Management, and Sparkling/Still Business Units
- Present insights to Senior leadership, recommend system imperatives, and gain alignment on actions
- Build a culture of creative problem solving and fluidity of skills across TPO Team (Insights, Data & Emerging Technologies, Advanced Analytics) - combining technology platforms, analytics and business knowledge to create incremental value for stakeholders
- Drive change in thinking and practices of key stakeholders to ensure rapid & broad creation, adoption and deployment of new insights to capture incremental value for our customers
- Lead the development of insights to support optimizing annual plans, develop new retail strategies to support brand strategy and the creation of new capabilities to further enhance the Trade promotion capability and strategy
- Leads the creation of annual optimization guidelines for the creation of customer retail price plans and the tools, process & training required to increase ease & speed of adoption
- Build the strong cross functional relationships to ensure maximum value create by the TPO team
- Experience leading a highly technical but diverse team in the deployment of new and emerging capability deployment. This role requires heavy coaching and leadership skills, with the ability to develop the talent of the team through taking complex business questions through the insights development process from: identifying the root of the question and desired output by stakeholders, gathering of data, data analysis, story development, and ultimately make actionable recommendations for the system that are clear and translatable to multiple levels of stakeholders (Leadership to front-line sales)
- Strong strategic & systematic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Identification of client needs and ability to create value; proven ability to work with high degree of autonomy
- Strong data & analytical skills - ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects to create business value, focused on leading to actionable direction within the marketplace, influencing others to change behavior
- Effectively communicate and build relationships across differing business functions; communicating through clear & simple messages
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Level: Master's degree in Business or associated field
Related Work Experience:
- 5-7 years' experience in Sales, RGM or Analytics with expertise in customer planning and/or promotional optimization, focused on delivery of world-class results in a complex, distributed environment
- Demonstrated success in building a high performing team, with focus on people development (including training, development, coaching)
- Experience developing & implementing strategy, identifying insights from data into selling stories; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior executives w/ differing perspectives
- Collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Extensive experience (7-10 years)
- Field and/or Headquarter experience working closely across Finance, Sales & Marketing, Commercial/Insights, etc.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top