Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Palletizer & Wrapper Subject Matter Expert (SME) position is responsible for providing technical and operational Palletizer & Wrapper support of strategic and at times immediate impact maintenance, to designated manufacturing lines and projects in the production areas of the Dunedin Production facility. This position is tasked with understanding, developing, initiating, and maintaining the preventive and planned maintenance aspects of production Palletizer & Wrapper and other assets throughout the Dunedin production facility. This position will also be required to perform the interpretation of data, identify problems and trends, and to formulate proper mitigation strategies in order to predict, prevent and control failures as they relate to the facility's Palletizer & Wrapper assets.
Function Specific Activities:
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Strong and positive maintenance and team interaction as required
Proficient in the use of SAP as our Centralized Maintenance Management System
- Work within SAP to improve PM & Calibration program.
- Determining corrective maintenance trends
- Scheduling & planning work orders
- Assist with improving Material Management processes and work order kitting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Detailed documentation
- Knowledge of GMP/ HACCP
- Understanding and knowledge of Maintenance strategies and concepts.
- Perform job in a safe manner and report all safety issues immediately to supervisor
- Keep area clean and neat, store tools and equipment in proper area.
- The ability to Inspect, set-up, start-up, test and verify Palletizer & Wrapper systems used at the Main St production facility.
- Adhere and comply with all polices of The Coca- Cola Company.
- Participate in team meetings to develop and support projects for process improvement.
- Always work to produce a low cost, quality product.
- Good math skills, observation and trouble shooting skills.
- Physical lifting 50 lbs.
- Works as a team player.
- Provide competent and effective maintenance support to plant Production.
- The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Production, execute the maintenance program, and comply with all safety codes is paramount.
- Install electrical components and wiring systems. After installing equipment, tests to ensure all devices are working properly and safely.
- Possess knowledge and apply safe electrical work practices including LOTO and Arc Flash safety - NFPA 70e.
- Observes and test the operation al aspects of systems and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters, process meters, network analyzers and other testing devices.
- Provide effective advanced trouble shooting support, following best practices for safety and fault isolation.
- Communicates effectively and instruct management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators. Demonstrates equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary using SAP PM.
- Capture description and procedures used for troubleshooting and repairs performed in SAP PM.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs or modifications with minimal manufactures specifications and documentation.
- Executes the maintenance work schedule as provided by the Maintenance Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Proper execution of the work schedule will require strategic decisions to ensure the scheduled work will be completed within the period scheduled.
- This effort requires that the SME be aware of CIP/sanitation cycles, production schedules and other periods of downtime in order to use those instances as effective maintenance windows of opportunity.
- Examines jobs to be done and determine scope and best way to accomplish the work. Consults with requester, maintenance planner, and/or Supervisor when necessary.
- Obtains, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Makes any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary.
- Obtains or ensure work order materials are on-hand to support the work order schedule.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in operations support and work execution. Some examples are Arc Flash/Shock Hazard safety, confined space entry, LOTO, Line Break Permit, hazardous materials, hand tool safe use, etc.
- Updates SAP PM AS necessary to maintain accurate plant asset historical records.
- Gains complete knowledge of plant's processes and Palletizer & Wrapper systems.
- Adheres to common Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule and operational support. Ensure the shop is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion
- Enforces plant polices in the execution of their assigned duties. Report violations of plant polices to the Management.
- Makes recommendations for system improvement.
- Possesses an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with a basic understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Responds to radio call of equipment breakdowns as and when required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list.
- 10 years of experience in an organized and professional maintenance environment.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, P&ID, blueprints and schematics.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts.
- Ability to and capable of functioning at times in ambient or non-air-conditioned environments.
- Take calls during off duty hours in support of manufacturing operations when/as required.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Previous experience in a high-speed industrial work environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow manufacturer's specifications and direction
- Required to supply own hand tools
- Maintain production lines by performing predictive and preventive maintenance tasks
- Knowledge of lubrication and systems
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Knowledge
- Safe and proper usage of hand and power tools
- Able to read diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Able to use test equipment (multimeters, etc.)
- Operate equipment through program controls
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms
- Understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions
- Demonstrated history of good attendance
- Work extended hours, weekends and holidays and call from the Maintenance Supervisor as required.
- Able to move and lift material weighing up to 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist
- Able to push and pull force of 80lbs
- Able to squat, kneel, and bend over at the waist
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time in ambient conditions on a daily basis.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned, to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes, and work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree or Intermediate Certificate of formal maintenance training preferred
- Experience with Alvey Palletizers
- Experience with Jay-Co Controls Palletizers
- Experience with Lantech Stretch Wrappers
- Experience with Orion Wrappers
- Experience with Belt Conveying systems and repairs
- Experience with FKI Logistex / Intelligrated Pallet Dispensers
- Experience with ID Technology Coders
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP PM
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the maintenance of manufacturing Palletizer & Wrapper systems preferred
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top