Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:July 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:The Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas is proud to be the home of the beloved Coca-Cola Polar Bear. Our live character “meet-and-greet” is consistently voted as one of our top ranked experiences by our guests from around the globe each year.
Candidates must be flexible to work any shift between the hours of 8:30 am up to 1:30 am on Saturdays, Sundays and 2 - 3 weekdays.
Essential Job Functions:
• Greet and engage guests of all ages throughout the Polar Bear attraction in a role as the Coca-Cola Polar Bear as well as a Polar Bear Wrangler for The Coca-Cola Company and The Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas.
• Perform and provide guest service through performance theming positions, silent gestures and character poses that engage and delight our guests in an effort to provide long-lasting memories and positive interactions while generating sales of Polar Bear themed merchandise and professional photography packages.
• Consistently execute bear care maintenance program and field repairs to ensure costume is always in operational show-ready condition.
• Ability to be trained and crossed utilized throughout the store and/or warehouse to include to: Polar Bear Wrangler, Greeter, Sales Floor, Cash Wrap, and any other job or task assigned to you by store leadershi
• Guest Service: Ensuring that our guests remain our top priority.
• Organization/Time Management: Ability to organize, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
• Business Etiquette: Communicate effectively with guests, leadership and ambassadors. Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
• Communication: Ability to represent the Company effectively in a public forum through verbal, non-verbal and visual presentations; deliver guest service that enhances the reputation and image of the company.
• Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g. customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.).
• Flexibility: In scheduling to meet the needs of the business. Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
In addition to the above responsibilities, there may be additional responsibilities to fulfill the Retail Ambassador position requirements.
• Able to perform both indoors and outdoors in full costume.
• Work effectively in a hot and claustrophobic costume environment
• Able to perform in a costume weighing approximately 50lbs for 30-45 minutes at a time
• Able to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance
• Must have full use of hands, fingers and wrists
• Frequently required to walk, stand for long periods of time, balance, stoop, kneel, sit/stand repeatedly or crouch
• Specific vision abilities required by this job to include working with limited or no vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to work within the costume and utilize video monitor and/or auditory cues from other employees to “see” and navigate through crowds
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Ability to perform at a consistent level in a highly visible public (guest) arena.
• Ability to work flexible shifts (hours) days and evenings, 7 days per week.
• Work within a team concept with a culturally diverse staff.
• Experience in the theme park industry as a live performance or special skill artist (puppetry or mascot)
• Costume is made to fit someone 5'10 to 6'2 tall with an average build
• Must have a valid driver's license to transport self and others to offsite locations, when needed
• Must work well with others, including guests of all ages.
• Display good non-verbal communication skills and bring to life the Coca-Cola Polar bear
• Ability to read individuals' social cues to understand the level of interaction each guest may want
• Ability to travel with adequate notice
• High school degree or equivalent is required
• 18 years of age or older
• Experience performing in front of large crowds and evoking high energy, enthusiasm and fun!
• Must be able to pass a physical, criminal history, drug screen, employment and education checks
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top