Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:June 21, 2019
Job Description Summary:Support Trademark Latin America Counsel with the prosecution of trademarks, office actions, and oppositions as well as with cease and desist letters, infringement, cancelation and nullity action.
Keep track of all timelines in connection with the prosecution of trademarks, office actions, oppositions and other legal actions.
Prepare trademark status summaries for internal clients.
- Support Trademark Latin America Counsel in surveillance of watch notices.
- Perform legal trademark research via Saegis, and other on-line services.
- Managing the portfolio of brands in Latin America;
- Coordinate together with Corporate the issuance of power of attorneys, assignment agreements etc. Manage execution, office actions and renewal deadlines.
- Execution and legalization of several legal documents such as powers of attorneys, affidavits, certificates of good standing or any other document which must be sent to Atlanta for execution.
- Update the list of Trademark Use on an annual basis for each country of the region.
- Gathering evidences for legal actions for IP protection.
- To be proficient with IP information and document management systems and in particular the Anaqua Intellectual Asset Management Software. The position has to be the Anaqua Key User for Latin America Group. The role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for Anaqua users in Latin America and will handle the following types of requests and system issues
- User onboarding/offboarding
- Existing user access issues
- System performance issues
- Requests for advanced system work and large/complex reports (bulk record creation, bulk record modifications, etc.)
- Requests for assistance in how to perform unfamiliar system functions and processes
- Trademark Docketing Coordinator Latin America Group.
- Creation, updating and maintenance of trademark prosecution and other records utilizing Anaqua software.
- Review external users performance in order to fulfill the Company policies.
- Prepare training manuals and presentations related to Anaqua and trademark practice in order to make easier guidelines compliance for internal and external users. Provide training to clients and colleagues regarding significant recurring legal issues including searches, Anaqua, and general trademark practice.
- Review monthly invoices as well as their respectively template issued by the outside counsel from each country
- Manage Invoicing process
- Manage intercompany expenses as well as the intercompany process
- Administrative support: Including but not limited to prepare team presentations, agenda meetings, report of travels and expenses, scheduling meetings, manage registrations and renew of IP Associations, etc.
- Manage registration of Vendors
- At least 3 years of experience working on and managing a trademarks portfolio;
- Written and spoken Spanish and English (90%)
- Technologically savvy and numbers literate - proficient in the use of tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Very organized
- Detail and data oriented
- Strong team player
- Personal skills
- Control and follow up of budget and invoices processes.
- Administrative support
- Desirable: Experience with Intellectual Property Management Software. E.g. Anaqua
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top