Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:July 11, 2019
Job Description Summary:The “Director of Global Marketing Architecture” will lead a team of solution architects that oversee all digital marketing development globally, providing architecture design patterns, subject matter expertise in marketing technology, visibility of front-end and back-end marketing capabilities available to regional development centers and governance of regionally developed solutions. This position is charged with standardizing over time our global marketing technology architecture approach, ensuring capabilities developed regionally can be extended globally and facilitating reuse of existing global capabilities to help meet regional needs. The marketing areas covered by this position include digital marketing sites, experiences and promotions, mobile apps, marketing operations like content management and packaging graphics, connections planning like optimization of paid media, marketing aspects of e-commerce or marketing that drives to transactions.
This position will directly manage a team of at least 6 architects and will provide architectural direction for all other marketing architects via dotted line reporting. This position's team will manage input from marketing business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and have overall responsibility for the architectural deliverables of all technology development initiatives happening globally, including providing visibility of existing capabilities and architecture design patterns to regional development centers as well as bringing newly developed capabilities back into the global center for reuse in other markets. This position will interface with the Marketing Enterprise Architect to ensure architecture design patterns and capabilities drive to an agreed upon destination architecture landscape using our key strategic vendors to maximize value back to the global marketing business.
Required responsibilities include:
- Work with Marketing Enterprise Architect to help define and communicate destination landscape for marketing, including key strategic vendor partnerships, ownership of designs for systems developed internally, patterns for connecting systems to form an end-to-end stack, etc.
- Drive overall marketing technology stack architecture designs and roadmaps for technology stacks deployed regionally across the globe.
- Provide global subject matter expertise in marketing architecture patterns, stack capabilities and services to ensure regional development centers reuse existing capabilities first before creating new.
- Provide complete thought leadership to regional development centers and market stakeholders on proper architecture, network, security, hosting, front-end and back-end development standards, when new development is required.
- Provide ways to containerize services that can be run locally to help build regional capabilities, including documentation of existing services and how they can be run, visibility into ongoing development of services globally, managing code repositories for regional development centers to use as sources, etc.
- Provide architectural governance for any marketing development happening globally to ensure potential reuse and/or assimilation into the overall global marketing landscape.
- Manage a team of architects that govern and provide expertise on a broad spectrum of back-end development, front-end development, mobile development, integration with SaaS partners, database construction and management, deployment of marketing technology systems (content management, campaign management, targeting and personalization), etc.
- Act as a catalyst or spark for business stakeholders across the marketing space, including the areas of digital marketing, marketing analytics, content production and management, marketing asset management and optimization, marketing contract and finance management, media optimization, packaging, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 15+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, commercial, and scalable products or capabilities in the marketing area, work for diverse global companies or stakeholders is a plus.
- Candidates must have held previous roles as a solution architect and lead developer.
- Past direct team management experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and/or Azure serverless products (network, storage, compute, database)
- Extensive knowledge of cloud database systems and services like AWS Aurora/Dynamo DB/Redshift required, with background in building or managing consumer database solutions strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager required with desired exposure to Adobe Campaign and Adobe Target
- Experience in dev-ops delivery/support models as well as iterative software delivery methodologies - Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as GoCD/Jenkins or Bamboo as well as code versioning tools, such as GIT and Bitbucket
- IOS and/or Android mobile experience are a strong plus.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top