Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:June 19, 2019
Job Description Summary:Manage the end to end interview coordination processes for United States and Latin America Corporate employees. Also handle the new hire logistics processes to ensure new associates have the corresponding forms that need to be filled out as of starting date.
- Develop the interview scheduling logistics, gather interviewers' and candidate's availability, arrange travel for candidates and integrate and distribute the final interview schedules and necessary materials.
- Prepare offer letter, offer package and follow up on candidate´s acceptance to prepare their enrollment with the company
- Coordinate the development and distribution of interview materials for use by Interviewers and recruitment sources to ensure a means to identify, source, and attract talent to the Company.
- Gather candidate´s information to support background checks as required by the Personnel Integrity Assurance Program.
- Assist in the implementation employment arrangements to facilitate the global mobility of associates throughout the system to and from bottlers, joint ventures, and other operations.
- Support onboarding process for new hires.
- Works on projects as needed.
- Adhoc projects as required
- Hiring Managers
- Administrative Assistants
- External and Internal Candidates
- Total Rewards Specialists
- Mobility Consultants
- PIAP adjudicators
What you need to be successful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You need to be able to conduct high quality telephone interviews with learning and development process participants and managers/peers.
- Global Talent Acquisition: Knowledge in the global talent acquisition discipline. Knowledge of global candidate sourcing and selection methodologies, and the ability to help ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Data Analysis: Knowledge of data analysis methods, which includes the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- HRIS System: Knowledge of HRIS systems, processes, and interrelationships of data transfers (e.g., Workday, Salesforce).
- Project Management: Manages projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) by establishing clear goals and accountabilities; developing project plans and allocating resources; identifying potential issues/risks and developing contingency plans.
- Position Requirements: Knowledge of information required and procedures used to determine position requirements (e.g., key responsibility areas).
Ability to build relationships in different countries/different cultures.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Related Work Experience: At least 3 years' experience in Recruiting Processes or HR environment.
- Knowledge Workday is a plus.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top