Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Coca-Cola seeks a Material Handler who is responsible for picking customer orders, inventory transactions, and effective stock-keeping operations within Flavor Manufacturing. This position works with other personnel involved in Production to receive raw material and finished goods, staging material for production. This position works independently to manage incoming raw material, transfers materials from external warehouses to our manufacturing plant, and ships finished goods to customers as necessary. The Material Handler is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all documentation, implementing continuous improvement in the warehouse, and meeting all customer service requirements, safety, GMP, and quality system standards. This person may also be called on to do manufacturing and other production related tasks. The successful candidate should possess good communication skills and proficient computer skills.
Function Specific Activities:
The Material Handler is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Move raw materials and finished product within the warehouse or production facility, using forklifts (flash forklift operator - sit down/stand up) or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping. Inspect facility (e.g., production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies (e.g., forklifts, ERP systems, cycle counting, orders, and forecasts). Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using a "pick, pack and ship" system in order to fulfill customer/client demand.
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures. Verify correct information on shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation on-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Print daily orders/production plans and distribute to appropriate personnel for picking orders or manufacturing. Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to shipment to customer.
- Responsible for moving product or materials in a production or warehouse environment using powered tools and vehicles.
- Operate industrial vehicles and equipment.
- Transport raw materials, full goods and/or finished goods to designated area.
- Load and unload designated trailers and/or route trucks. -Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Move product and/or materials manually as required. Utilize WMS computer systems to for all warehouse functions, SAP is a plus.
- 1+ year prior warehouse/stocking/forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment a plus.
- Ability to operate a manual /powered pallet jack, sit down and stand up fork trucks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Related Work Experience: 0-3 years
- Education: High-School Diploma or equivalent
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top