Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:This position is responsible for identifying, assessing and developing new Plastics packaging, with a focus on innovation, productivity and enabling technologies, for The Coca-Cola North America R&D organization. The candidate will identify and leverage relevant packaging trends, consumer trends and technical guidance research along with system capability to develop new packaging formats. The role will involve collaborating with stake holders encompassing resin suppliers, converters, OEM's along with supply chain and bottling teams for re-application of ideas from the Coca-Cola Global Packaging network as well as working with external resources such as design agencies, consultants, universities and suppliers for new format development. The scope of a typical project will include idea generation, proof of concept, design, development, pilot and trial activities to establish plastics material - machine compatibility. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to successfully develop and commercialize packages to the market, meeting the brand / business expectations. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead cross functional teams and build excellent working relationships across functional areas within a business unit.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Technical Project Management: Developing ability to lead complex projects that involve cross-functional teams. Includes the ability to manage broad scopes, multiple suppliers and/or team members from partner companies.
- Packaging Development: Developing knowledge of Plastics packaging materials and the related production processes. This includes knowledge of material compatibility, supplier processes, standards and specifications. Ability to scale new technology into a viable commercial proposition, bench to plant.
- End to end knowledge of the packaging industry from raw materials, conversion processes, printing, application and through distribution network.
- Deep insight into sustainable materials, recycling systems and latest technologies.
- Material, product and machine interface optimization with a focus on driving costs and waste out of the system.
- General knowledge of Plastics materials like PET, its application and conversion processes from beverage application.
- Beverage Manufacturing: Developing knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g., proportioning, carbonating, syrup manufacturing, filling).
Education: Bachelors of Engineering - Packaging, Materials or Chemical. Master's degree preferred.
Related Work Experience: At least 2 years relevant work experience in roles such as packaging development or packaging engineering at consumer products focused corporations.
Packaging Engineering Competencies:
- Drives Cross-Discipline Collaboration (Applies understanding of Research & Development process or Scientific and Regulatory processes, including interrelationships and impacts between disciplines, to advance the achievement of Research & Development and organization objectives): Understands what other disciplines do and brings them into the work at the appropriate time to add input.
- Project Management (Sets strategic priorities and guides processes for planning work and monitoring progress to achieve desired outcomes): Creates the overall project schedule, integrating the data created by others and carries out validation trials.
- Technical Communication for Business Effectiveness (Advises and educates colleagues by disseminating key facts and presenting complex information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner): Effectively documents and communicates routine technical data within R&I & business teams.
- Function Expertise in field or discipline which differentiates the function in the marketplace and serves as a competitive advantage: Broad technical knowledge or developing SME in a field.
- Building a Business Case (Uses scientific, consumer and economic data, to create a compelling business case for new packages): Leads the technical portion of the business case for routine projects.
- Bringing Innovation to Market (Generates and translates innovative ideas into feasible, practical, and cost-effective packages): Uses general technology and supply base knowledge to identify and successfully bring innovations to market (end to end) with known technologies.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top