Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Senior Engineer will work with internal and external teams to support the commercialization and enhancement phases of Coca-Cola Freestyle dispensers. This position will work with others within The Coca-Cola System as well as with external resources such as consultants, suppliers, and manufacturers. The scope of a typical project will include idea generation, business case development, proof of concept design and testing, technical development, pilot and trial activities. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to successfully commercialize and support equipment and systems by leading project work and building excellent working relationships across functional areas within a business unit.
Senior Engineer, Freestyle Platform Engineering
The Coca-Cola Freestyle Platform Engineering Team is seeking an experienced Senior Engineer in commercial design support. The Senior Engineer will work with internal and external teams to support the commercialization and enhancement phases of Coca-Cola Freestyle dispensers. This position will work with others within The Coca-Cola System as well as with external resources such as consultants, suppliers, and manufacturers. The scope of a typical project will include idea generation, business case development, proof of concept design and testing, technical development, pilot and trial activities. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to successfully commercialize and support equipment and systems by leading project work and building excellent working relationships across functional areas within a business unit.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
• Effectively communicate Program deliverables, Risks, Schedules and Budgets to inform the Business Leadership of critical decisions to be made.
• Lead the design and development of key subsystems within a Coca-Cola Freestyle dispenser from Concept through Commercialization using a Stage Gate structure and ensuring a robust design through the use of engineering tools.
• Execute commercialization and support plans for Coca-Cola Freestyle equipment including managing through the processes of: Stage Gate Change Control, Tooling, Manufacturing, and Multi-Market support, including International markets.
• Identify opportunities and lead projects to improve Life Cycle costs of Freestyle equipment through analysis of current state. Prioritize these opportunities against needs for the business for quality, cost, production rate, and emerging Freestyle developments.
• Communicate status of work to appropriate parties in order to keep them informed and involved.
• Ensure continuous personal development of industry knowledge and trends through supplier evaluation and qualification visits, on the job training, development partner coordination, and relevant training opportunities.
• Minimum Education: ABET Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates with Bachelors of Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Civil, or Manufacturing Engineering may be considered with relevant work experience.
• Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business
Related Work Experience:
7+ years in related mechanical design field, with strong knowledge of plastics design and molding, sheet metal design and forming, and creation of assemblies/BOM management.
• Cost Reduction: Demonstrated experience with improving designs based on cost reduction objectives. Focus for this area will be on sheet metal or plastic molded components and assemblies.
• Engineering Skills: Knowledge of mechanical design based on ASME Y14.5; Sheet Metal or Plastics materials and molding/forming methods; FEA, ProE/Creo design; Reliability and Stress testing; Root Cause Analysis
• Design, fabricate and evaluate/assess (e.g., through laboratory testing) a working package, equipment or product prototype/sample against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications (e.g., functionality and operational feasibility).
• Identify, select, authorize and/or manage relationships with vendors or suppliers to ensure proper capabilities, conformance with Company standards and appropriate products and services (e.g., ingredients, materials, testing services).
• Work with supplier or internal partner(s) in order to refine a concept to build preliminary test prototypes, perform design-for-manufacture exercises or produce cost estimates.
• Quality Management: Upstream supplier capability analysis and qualification; Cpk; Deviation and Waiver processes; Corrective Action Reports.
• Basic problem-solving: The ability to identify technical performance gaps, use data mining and analytical tools to identify root causes, and use engineering skills and tools to develop and implement solutions to technical problems
• BOM Management: Building assemblies and subassemblies for a full dispenser that translates easily to manufacturing subassemblies and service kits. Maintaining the BOM to accurately portray the quantities and costs of all of the components necessary to build the dispenser. Experience with Windchill a plus.
• Knowledge of regulatory in any the areas of NSF, UL, ETL, or FCC is a plus.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top