Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The Procurement Analyst supports Strategic Ingredients Supply (“SIS”) operations by collecting, analyzing, reporting, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the department. The position will also provide support to the Manager, SIS Procurement Information on existing and future data management tools. This position will process, extract, and query data to help make procurement decisions. This person will also run optimization software which will require query experience (e.g. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions based upon the sourcing team's constraints. This position may also be responsible for the management of selected suppliers, including the annual negotiations.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze key procurement data using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format) and create metrics to report results to Senior Management to be used in business plan and strategy development;
- Develop savings and avoidance reports, if not in place
- Extract, analyze and report mainframe / system data in order to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software (e.g., SAP, Excel, Access, and Tableau)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis to improve operational and financial performance
- Review ingredient inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plants)
- Assist in the development of cost models, data collection and measurements to provide regarding product performance and services
- The position will be expected to communicate primarily with internal stakeholders but may also have discussions with external suppliers and 3rd party (e.g., consultants, industry organizations).
- The position will be responsible for collecting, ensuring accuracy and cleansing data provided from multiple sources for use in routine and complex problem solving.
- The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources.
- The position will be responsible for populating and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories.
- Additionally, Procurement Analysts will be called upon to provide analytical support during the supplier evaluation and negotiation process.
- The position will be expected to handle a significant amount of data which provide fundamental support to Category managers as they develop, execute and manage sourcing strategies.
- The position will be responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks.
- In completing this work, the position will develop techniques to improve the collection and verification of the data which we then expected to document and share the processes as best practices.
- Work will be done individually and in teams. As Senior Analyst Team Leadership may be required as well as collaboration with category managers to create strategies and a set of criteria to continuously evaluate opportunities.
- A solid understanding of business acumen and bottling businesses economics.
- Develop knowledge of competitors' products, services and external environment. Collect value-added info, gather competitive intelligence info and promote sharing across appropriate organizations.
- Provide fact-based insights and analysis on suppliers of selected commodities, goods and services procured through Strategic Ingredient Supply
- Evaluate, monitor and project long-term global supply/demand analysis (i.e., capacity planning) and develop product cost models to ensure that Coca-Cola global and regional needs are met
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using a variety of tools.
- Protect information provided in confidence from outside and ensure this information is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
- Protect the Company and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
- Bachelors required/ Master's Degree preferred in a quantitative or engineering discipline such as
- Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Supply
- Chain, or Logistics is highly preferred.
Related Work Experience:
- At least 1-3 years of data analytics, data management and/or financial analysis, procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience. Experience with Tableau preferred.
- Experience with SAP, including pivot tables, charts, complex macros, etc.
- Excellent to Expert Excel
- Comfortable with handling large quantities of data from multiple sources: Ability to clean data, merge databases, manipulate data
- Understanding of relational databases and unique identifiers
- Company Operations and Economics: Knowledge of the system, business, functions, operational and/or financial processes necessary to effectively perform internal Company analyses and/or transactions
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from systems (e.g., PAPA$, SAP, Focus, Billing and Promotions, Nielsen, Compass, PLUS, OPS, Messenger)
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier;
- Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics; Ability to measure against those standards; Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics
- Record Retention: Knowledge of the policies and procedures for storing and retaining financial, non-financial and company documents
- Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business
- Software Applications: Knowledge and use of technical software applications appropriate to the specific work activities (e.g., basic Company applications, MS OFFICE, SAP, DBS, MRP, OPS, JDEdwards, Service Source, MRP II)
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP systems; strong skills in Tableau, PowerPoint, Word, and Access and/or SQL and other querying tools.
- Understanding of using intermediate macro development / VBA capabilities and RAD using Visual Studio
- Familiarity with optimization tools and basic understanding of constraint development (and preferably linear programming).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, Micro Strategy)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top