Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Sr. Manager, Shopper Marketing will lead strategic alignment throughout all category specific activations, aligned to company, customer and bottler priorities. This role will help to advance key shopper marketing platforms and capabilities supporting category growth while creating compelling Path to Purchase plans (pre, shop, post) to support designated platforms for the Coca-Cola Company. The Sr. Manager will also work to identify and leverage shopper insights to create programming to impact shopper behavior.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy and execution for all category/brand specific activations that support JBP to drive sustainable growth
- Align priorities and initiatives with internal/external stakeholders (customer/bottler/brand)
- Own briefing development and project management
- Identify innovative opportunities to test and learn across customer channels
- Manage agency and 3rd party partners related to work
- Communication of program details to cross-functional teams; i.e.: field AE's, brands, bottlers to ensure alignment
- Leverages industry relationships, shopper trends and competitive analysis to identify and build strong, effective and business growing solutions
- Builds strategic relationships with key customer marketing and merchant personnel.
- Advances Coca-Cola's value-based sales/marketing model in collaboration with our customer.
- Manages meaningful shopper marketing budgets to ensure positive return on investment.
- Develops shopper marketing programs, based on key insights, that provide value to the Customer (Walmart), the Coca-Cola Company, and the Shopper
- Advances key shopper marketing capabilities - with heavy focus on digital, mobile, omni-channel, and social
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: MBA or other graduate degree
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 7 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Extensive Marketing and Sales Experience (particularly in area of Shopper Marketing)
- Customer/Sales management experience
- Digital, omni-channel experience
- Brand management experience
- Demonstrated experience for customer engagement with ability to drive mutual business results
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Experience building and monitoring annual business plans
- Planning experience; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Shopper Marketing, Shopper Insights and Category Management related experience
- Expertise establishing external relationships - i.e. with customers, retailers, digital vendors, other CPG companies
- Foundational understanding of shopper insight identification
- Propensity for creative problem-solving and opportunity identification (to improve service to rest of business/customer engagement)
- Advanced presentation skills - clear and concise delivery of message
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top