Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:June 29, 2019
Job Description Summary:Job Description Summary
About The Coca-Cola Company
There's something special about working at The Coca-Cola Company's Central & Eastern Europe Business Unit. A career in our region is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. As the ‘growth engine' of the Coca-Cola system, we span 26 countries and represent 16 official languages.
Working here is more than working for the global beverage leader, it's an opportunity to be a part of something can positively impact the world. What do we mean by that? We're accelerating our momentum to become a Total Beverage Company by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - innovating to give people the drinks and package sizes they want, building our eCommerce capabilities, working towards our vision of a World Without Waste, and more.
People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We embrace diversity, reward imagination and empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Business and Commercial Strategy Manager is a key member of the The Coca Cola Company Franchise Operations team, reporting to the Franchise Country Manager, a critical business partner for the central Marketing and Strategy & Insights teams, as well as our bottling partner/s. It is responsible to steer and evolve the strategic direction of the business in close collaboration with the Franchise Country Manager. The role is also responsible for Performance Management, Commercial Insights and Business Planning for its respective country/market.
The role will actively contribute to achieve Business Unit (BU) strategy and goals in the defined territory while supporting the EMEA/Corporate goals assigned to the BU. Responsible for (1) partnering with the Franchise Country Manager to deliver the Business Plan; (2) driving the longer term strategic direction through our three-year and annual Business Planning as well as joint-planning with Coca Cola Hellenic; and (3) identifying, connecting and communicating truly game-changing market and business insights to enable impactful strategies with our Consumers, Customers and Stakeholders.
The role involves leadership and accountability to design, understand, analyze and connect all Key Business Indications (KBIs) related to our performance holistically, gather and develop game-changing Consumer and Business insights, and identify market trends and competitive dynamics shaping our business. All are required to build strategies and plans that will provide us with a sustainable long term competitive advantage and growth.
Business Strategy Development
Set overall business strategy for country/market in close partnership with country manager, taking overall business unit and company strategy into account (key Point of Contact for Central Eastern Europe Strategy & Business Planning Director) and lead alignment with bottling partner leadership (key POC for bottling partner senior management), i.e.
- Lead Long-Range Planning and Annual Business Planning processes
- Lead Revenue Growth Management opportunity identification and initiation with respective system teams
- Lead and coordinate merger and/or acquisition efforts alongside country manager and in collaboration with other teams are required (finance, marketing, etc.)
- Lead and oversee Contingency Planning through ongoing risk and opportunities identification and communication, identifying and co-leading meaningful course-correcting actions for effective performance management based on all available internal and external business metrics and through insights generation regarding consumer, shopper and customer, and in partnership with BU Business Intelligence for industry estimates and long-term trends identification.
Commercial Strategy Execution
Lead collaboration and alignment with bottling partner regarding market execution of agreed brand plans, i.e.
- Evolve and articulate OBPPC architecture and seek for improvement opportunities in close collaboration with bottling partner counterparts
- Provide strong analytic expertise to drive superior business and performance understanding and support the country system leadership team to enable effective execution of marketing and innovation priorities with optimal allocation of resources
- Support the promo strategy together with bottling partner (insights and practices)
- Fine tune and further develop Net Share Revenue, Promotion and Single Serve Growth strategy execution
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Strategy, Planning and/or Consumer and Shopper Insights from a consumer goods or a leading business consultancy company or other relevant industries
- University/Bachelor Degree
- Proven understanding and effectiveness with business and commercial strategies, sales, marketing, consumer/shopper insights and distributor management
- Experience in commercial and business development area within a multinational organization
- Sound understanding of system economics, category management and channel marketing
- Excellent communicator with strong leadership and interpersonal/relationships building skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills at a cross functional senior level with credibility
- Ability to assimilate a wide range of data to solve problems and develop coherent plans
- Up to 20% travelling time
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top