Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:July 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:
- Work closely with the Commercial Leadership and Franchise Leadership teams to provide actionable Shopper insights.
- Manage and leverage system commercial & channel intelligence to help develop best-in-class segmentations & OBPPC, and channel strategies. This person should have the ability to seamlessly manage both quantitative and qualitative research projects, plus have experience on various market measurement systems, e.g. Retail Audit, Home Panel and consumer tracking.
- Manage Nielsen and Global data on regular basis, work together with Nielsen to deliver road show for bottler group.
- Lead regular business review, identify issue and opportunity to guide brand growth.
Lead in delivering Shopper Insights to support the development of channel strategies and plans
Be the voice of the shopper for each channel
Work with each channel team to address China BU's channel issues / key business drivers to assist in articulating best-in-class shopper research program
Develop the brief for insights needs, plan resources & DME, design and execute the research, guide the analysis plan, develop insights and actions, & deploy across the system.
Lead the effort in evaluating new shopper insights tools & methodologies
Lead the analytics and analysis of all new / existing commercial intelligence / tracking data to support channel needs, develop action plans, and competition assessment.
Support the channel team in all planning, assessment, strategy development and channel plan for new channels
Expand capability across the system (regions/bottlers) jointly with the channel team
Manage and leverage system commercial & channel intelligence to develop Channel segmentations & Pack / Price strategy based in occasions, OBPPC
Develop and fine tuning of the revenue mapping, opportunity mapping and other segmentation work within the RGM context
Assist in developing and fine-tuning of OBPPC for all channels
Manage new packaging development projects that drive NSR per case growth
Manage Nielsen and Global data on regular basis, deliver business review to guide brand growth
Governance Nielsen and global data
Manage Nielsen and global data deliveries on regular basis
Manage Nielsen road show to bottler group
Lead consolidated business review, join the dot to deliver actionable insight to guide brand growth
Support and participate in annual business plan
Provide insight thought leadership, relevant support and collaborate with cross functional teams, e.g. Strategic Planning Team, Regions, Bottlers, Pacific Group and Global teams, during the SBP/ EBP process
Management of research suppliers
Work closely with research agencies to develop effective research plan/ design for key stakeholders to help answer business questions
Manage quality of research via regular review of status, fieldwork observations (both qualitative and quantitative), attending interviewer briefings, determining data processing plans and reviewing final report/presentations to ensure high quality of service from suppliers
Help identify new local strong suppliers to manage research projects - lead annual evaluation process
Effective allocation of DME and monitor the expense status
D) Job Requirements / Qualifications
Leader of Self
Accelerates Growth (Thought Leadership)
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Balances Immediate and Long-term Priorities
Drives Execution (Results Leadership)
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
Unleashes Potential (People Leadership)
- Develops and Inspires Others
- Lives the Values
Builds Brand Value
- Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity (Proficient)
- Interrogates data to identify core business levers (Proficient)
- Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases (Competent)
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System (Competent)
- Leverages financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively (Competent)
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings (Limited)
- Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market (Competent)
Builds Brand Love
- Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers (Competent)
- Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors (Competent)
- Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement (Limited)
- Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into action (Limited)
- Demonstrates judgment to define a compelling core creative idea (Limited)
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be (Limited)
- Persuades and inspire others (marketing, regions, bottlers, etc) to make informed decisions and build credibility of the research (Competent)
- Understand how to leverage & best manage agencies (briefs, evaluations, etc.) (Proficient)
Typically receives assignments in the form of projects and results expected but has freedom to decide on priorities and how to accomplish assignments.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 8-10 years of marketing research experience in research companies and/or multinational FMCG companies in the Shopper Insights / Shopper Marketing area (Key Account Management, Category Management, Trade Marketing, Channel Planning, etc…)
- Must be excellent with numbers, with an excellent analytical mind
- Experience in consumer / shopper research management is an added advantage though not mandatory
- A team player - Proven ability to effectively & efficiently work in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with others across functions & with external agencies ; able to motivate / influence them to achieve the desired results
- Ability to work productively and add value across different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary
- Proven to be passionate, dedicated and committed
- Effective balance of aggressive mindset towards results but is still emotionally-intelligent ; a proven result-getter and a people-person
Education & Professional Qualification:
Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Marketing Research or related field
Excellent written and oral English & Chinese skills
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top