Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:To preserve the Credit Union's assets by controlling delinquent accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments and/or recovering collateral. Identify and assess potential risks that may impact financial growth of the credit union. Proactively implements the processes and procedures to control or mitigate exposure to unacceptable risk regarding all loans and credit card portfolio. Oversees daily collection operation of credit union.
- Analyzes and prioritizes loans each month based on credit score and LTV of collateral. Establishes collection cues with appropriate collection techniques for high vs. low risk accounts.
- Establishes special collection and contact cues for accounts identified as requiring more aggressive collection techniques
- Monitors contact cues ensuring proper documentation, appropriate collection attempts and techniques are utilized.
- Ensures all collection activities, including automatic dialers, (if applicable) are used in accordance with regulatory and compliance laws.
- Monitors first payment defaults on all accounts-Direct and Indirect. Evaluates, establishes and accelerates collection/repossession processes as needed.
- Researches and evaluates underwriting trends, validity of applicant information, etc., that may impact delinquent loans. Prepares reports and recommends changes as needed.
- Ensure compliance with spirit Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) regulations and Federal Debit Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)Secure credit bureau reports. Skip trace on loan accounts.
- Maintain accurate data for repossession log, bankruptcy files, charge-off list, etc. Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications and credit bureau reports.
- Regularly analyzes charged off loans. Develops and maintains profile of charged off loans.
- Proactively implements various repayment options and alternative refinance tools on delinquent loans in order to reduce or prevent future losses.
- Determine when to compromise and settle balances and when to initiate foreclosure or repossession proceedings.
- Determine when loan collateral should be repossessed, and serve as liaison with attorneys or agencies in handling repossession of collateral.
- File all claims, attend hearings, and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings.
- Prepare month and quarterly Delinquency Reports for Management and Board of Directors and recommend and process charge offs.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily department demands. Ensure the department achieves 100% of assigned goals and that direct reports achieve 100% of all their individual goals.
Type of previous work experience required:
- Loan Collections, Supervisory Experience
How many years of previous work experience are required?
- 2 - 5 years of related experience
Indicate the minimum education level required to perform this job.
- Intermediate Certificate/ Associate Degree- or equivalent work experience
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top