Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:26% - 50%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Senior Brand Manager, Craft SSD role is responsible for the managing Blue Sky and Hansen's brands within the Coca-Cola Sparkling Flavors portfolio. This role will be responsible for establishing strategic direction for both businesses as they transition from Venturing Brands to being more fully integrated into the Coca-Cola System.
Function Specific Activities:
- Write short and/or long-term business/brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information, etc. in order to support division/region portfolio and brand growth targets.
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and worldwide trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable brand growth. Assess attractive consumer opportunities (global or local) that are currently untapped by The Company by leveraging consumer research in order to identify new volume and profit growth areas within Craft SSD (e.g., new beverage sub-categories, new packaging opportunities, new merchandise categories, new channels of distribution, etc.).
- Write business and creative briefs that clearly articulate brand objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct the work of internal and external teams and agencies in support effective execution of brand plans.
- Interact with divisions/customers in order to influence their brand plans during annual business planning process.
- Create a communication plan using various tools (e.g., newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, face-to-face meetings, video conferencing, etc.) in order to communicate consumer initiative concepts to key stakeholders (i.e. distributors, bottlers, customers, etc.)
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to members of a project team you are leading.
- Develop programs and manage allocated budget in order to execute brand plan.
- Write Situation Assessment in order to identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities by utilizing data-driven insights (e.g. Nielsen, internal cross-functional reports, consumer research reports, competitive analysis, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 5 or more years of brand management / marketing experience.
- Innovation experience a strong plus (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf)
- Brand Equity: Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs, licensed/specialty merchandise and/or properties).
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Marketing Operating Strategies: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing operating strategies (e.g., media planning, pricing
- strategies, trade/consumer promotions) used in the execution of marketing plans.
- Agency Management: Knowledge of methods or techniques used and ability to inspire internal and external agency performance.
- Delivering Relevant Local Consumer Strategies: Making consumers and their needs the primary focus of the business; developing, evaluating and selecting consumer-based actions that maximize long-term, profitable volume.
- Creative Brief Development: Knowledge of the creative brief development process.
- Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
- Marketing Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., product, packaging, merchandise, activations) in order to create a proprietary advantage for the brand and Company in the minds and hearts of consumers.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top