Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:26% - 50%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Director of Sales role will be responsible for identifying opportunities for profitable growth within Shoprite, oversee development and successful selling of customer plans, build enduring relationships with senior management of Shoprite, and provides strategic direction and leadership to a team of NRS (National Retail Sales) Account Executives responsible for system volume, gross profit, and execution with the designated retail customers. Strategy Work with the NRS and Bottler Sales organizations.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Tailor NRS customer strategies to national and local market opportunities and competitive conditions, leverage shopper and consumer insights, and utilize category planning resources
- Influence NRS, Bottler, and Independent Bottler leadership via steering committees' processes to the extent differing opinions are heard, consensus is reached, and action plans are developed and executed in a collaborative manner.
- Leadership - Provide overall Coca-Cola system leadership on Shoprite
- Provides leadership and direction to account management team calling on Shoprite across NRS and the Bottler
- Coach, mentor and develop the sales team to ensure their professional development and to ensure that the organization's need for future leaders is consistently met
- Demonstrate to the customer's senior executives the leadership and stewardship of our business relations and performance execution
- Develop and execute the tactical plans to meet defined goals, including negotiation of our annual agreement, our price/package plans and all promotional plans
- Coordinate execution requirements with all appropriate Coca-Cola system constituents to ensure customer plans meet overall business objectives and strategies
- Ensure comprehensive vertical and horizontal call coverage within the customers' organizational structure
- Lead and steward top to top calls with designated customers
- Lead in the development of all execution targets and use of appropriate tracking and performance measuring tools
- Responsible for leading the annual planning process for NRS designated customers
- Ensures linkage of price/package customer planning with the NRS and Bottler PRGM business development processes
- Leverage the multi-functional capabilities of the Coca-Cola system
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in business or related background preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 5+ years in consumer goods industry
- 5+ years in sales/marketing or major account management
- 3+ years managing professional sales people
- Experience working with market research data, including Nielsen
- Experience in developing successful annual business plans and price/package plans for retail customers
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Proficiency in the following computer applications: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top