Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:The objective of this Process Control (Software Applications) Engineer is to support technical aspects of the Liquids / Dry Parts value work-stream from a core automation engineering-based skillset, associated with Batch, PLC, SQL servers and custom C# applications. This involves interrogating at PLC/Batch level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems. This is a key business requirement in a highly automated, complex, lean driven, batch manufacturing environment, supplying a worldwide customer base.This role reports to the Automation Manager and is based at our process manufacturing plant based in Ballina, Co. Mayo.
The objective of this Process Control (Software Applications) Engineer is to support technical aspects of the Liquids / Dry Parts value work-stream from a core automation engineering-based skillset, associated with Batch, PLC, SQL servers and custom C# applications. This involves interrogating at PLC/Batch level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems. This is a key business requirement in a highly automated, complex, lean driven, batch manufacturing environment, supplying a worldwide customer base. This role reports to the Automation Manager and is based at our process manufacturing plant based in Ballina, Co. Mayo.
· Apply proactive and methodical approach to trouble shooting daily shift production issues with cross functional teams;
· Perform detailed, technical breakdown analysis of losses / inefficiencies in your work stream and to ensure that quantitative, automated data is readily available to stakeholders in a timely manner;
· Take ownership and lead the development, agreement and execution of cross functional resolution plans inorder to address gaps in throughput, quality, safety and environmental metrics;
· Project manages automation centered projects & control system modification, ensuring that verification & validation procedures are implemented;
· Provide technology roadmap in line with the business strategic direction.
· Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
· Subject Matter Expert (SME) participation in world - wide distributed work teams within the system to leverage learnings and to ensure standardization.
· Benchmarking with other organizations to ensure best practice.
· A minimum of 8 years relevant experience is essential in programming systems support preferably in a food or process environment.
· Ability to work independently and proactively.
· Well-structured methodical approach to work.
· Good judgement and decision-making skills.
· Strategic in approach.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems essential
· Proficient with .NET framework 2.0 - 4.5+ essential
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
· Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 essential
· Experience with popular web application frameworks and windows Web Services
· Proficient with Windows Presentation Framework, creating database schemas that represent and support business processes and implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, VSS, TFS)
· Experience with XML and JSON an advantage
· Experience with Batching software for example FT Batch or similar batching software
· Experience with server 2008 -2016 OS
· Demonstrated experience of delivering projects in a highly automated environment
· A recognised Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top