Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 27, 2019
Job Description Summary:The Sr. Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of Customer and Channel specific marketing plans. Working closely with the sales team and our customers, the Sr. CMM plays a key role in driving revenue and profit for the System, while helping achieve our goal of becoming the Customer's most valued supplier.
- Lead total beverage marketing strategy in collaboration with Sales Leadership. Own key strategic relationships with customer's CMO, Insights and Menu Marketing to better understand customer objectives.
- Analyze category and channel market trends to execute customer strategic priorities and value-added across the portfolio.
- Identify new opportunities for beverage category growth grounded in relevant consumer insights using industry data from DINE, CREST/NPD, Datassential, Mintel and other sources.
- Influence complex customer situations (franchisees)
- Construct annual marketing calendar
- Contribute to customer's long term planning process
- Conduct customer marketing stewardship reviews
- Establish marketing program measurement metrics (e.g. volume lift, incidence lift, consumer awareness, participation rates, etc.) in order to accurately measure program success.
- Provide customer business and opportunity assessments
- Provide Best in Class competitive analysis /Look of Success
- Create persuasive selling stories
- Lead revenue enhancing concept development with customers
- Leverage internal tools and resources to support customer strategy (e.g. via channel, asset and brand)
- SME leadership where needed
- Host key strategic meetings (e.g. KO Lab and associated preparations with presentations, insights, briefing documents, SMEs etc.)
- Fully leverage national marketing initiatives with customers.
- Identify and leverage customer-specific, and channel marketing opportunities through prioritizing and capitalizing on channel, consumer insights and linking to brand strategy.
- Develop and execute channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand ideas/thinking and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer activity.
- Working with sales teams in the development, execution and follow - up of sales plans of assigned customer base.
- Participate actively in the Annual Customer Plan process.
- Provide strong financial acumen to all business decisions and provide post analysis to ensure goals are met.
Work with sales teams to jointly present major initiatives to customers.
- Strong acumen in digital innovations such as mobile devices, third party delivery, social media and e-commerce platforms to drive revenues
- Assisting customers in reaching sales potential on company products by offering creative merchandising ideas.
- Handling customer issues/opportunities promptly
- Foodservice Experience (CPG or Foodservice Brand)
- Advanced Strategic Thinking
- Ability to recognize, understand, and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, channel and customer needs, and turn this knowledge into action and results
- Previous Customer/Channel Management experience
- Coca-Cola Channel business knowledge an asset
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills and influencing ability
- Brand merchandising knowledge
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking ability
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business
- Minimum Required: 5-7 years experience in a consumer packaged goods company and/or agency, preferably in both customer management and marketing roles
Travel - Approximately 15%
Location - San Diego - Work from home or Irvine - Office
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top