Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 31, 2019
Job Description Summary:Lead a team of senior marketing strategists and customer marketing managers focused on delivering disproportionate value for national and area customers in alignment with FS&OP national and regional sales teams to grow our business within CCNA. This is a ‘player-coach' role that builds partnerships with customers based on senior leader connections with national customers and hands-on involvement with key area customers. The position serves as a strategic bridge between Coca-Cola and our customers and their guests, representing the perspective/voice of customers in the aggregate concerning how Coca-Cola brands and capabilities can best serve their needs.
He/She will synthesize and communicate impactful macro trend (Channel, Category, Brand, Competitive) and System insights to influence long and short term business plans designed to drive total beverage incidence. This work will be conducted with a Category Captain/Best Business Partner mindset. Additionally the Director, Customer Marketing will be responsible for recruiting and developing word class marketing talent to become the next generation of strategic marketing leaders within the Coca-Cola System.
Agency, Foodservice, Coca-Cola System, direct customer experience and people leadership are all preferred.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills. Efficiently align S/CMM resources to manage marketing for assigned geography.
- Oversee Beverage Strategy Development for Top 90 Customers within the SE portfolio.
- Build strategic relationships with C-Suite marketing executives at Top 4-5 customers in portfolio.
- Align with Area Sales VPs to set priorities across the customer portfolio and communicate these priorities to the CM team so that appropriate near-term focus will always be given based on the current status of each account, keeping long-term objectives clearly in view as well.
- Provide customer insights to brand, integrated marketing, innovation and strategy teams and identify the need for additional customer marketing research (consumer, customer or channel).
- Enable work efforts of his/her team to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations (includes eliminating barriers, identifying capability building opportunities, best practice sharing, etc.).
- Coach and supervise his/her team by offering approaches to be considered and following up to ensure timeliness and quality of execution vs. expectations.
- Provide experiences, recognition, rewards and resources that are focused on the development and motivation of individuals on the team and the CM West COE team as a whole.
- Evaluate direct reports' performance against established performance expectations.
- Assure that team members know how to write creative briefs for agencies that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria. In cases where stronger brief-writing skills are needed, the Director will assure that training is delivered promptly to eliminate the deficit.
- Create a communication plan for internal senior leader that stewards marketing strategies, programs and results using various tools (e.g., newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, face-to-face meetings, video conferencing, etc.)
- Actively participate in Sales routines, bringing the marketing lens and reporting back to appropriate CM teams in order to assure ongoing alignment between Marketing and Sales on how to deliver against customer needs and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience:
- 8+ years, marketing, agency or equivalent
Technical Skills Required:
- Marketing Property/Program Customization: Ability to customize, communicate and apply a marketing/retail program or property based on the specific needs of a particular region, country or customer
- Creative Brief Development: Knowledge of the creative brief development process
- Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Marketing Tools/Information: Knowledge of and ability to use marketing tools/information to identify and define consumer/marketplace opportunities.
- Brand Marketing Strategy: Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions for local market activation.
- Sales Strategy/Execution: Ability to apply marketing strategies to sales management initiatives.
- Marketing Research Application: Ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives.
- Trend Analysis: Knowledge of and ability to gather, interpret and apply multiple consumer/industry insights and trends used in the development of marketing strategies and programs.
- Syndicated Sources: Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., AC Nielsen, IRI, CCT+, Home Scan) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
- Marketing Property/Programs: Ability to recommend an appropriate property or program to enhance the brand positioning and equity and to grow volume.
Travel - Approximately 20%
Location - Home based in Denver
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top