Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 26, 2019
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:The primary role of the Maintenance Specialist is to provide competent and effective mechanic maintenance support to warehouse system operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. He/she must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in equipment and processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical systems. This position is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical systems and is sought out to support troubleshooting, development of process/system improvements, preventive and predictive maintenance development and contractor performance monitoring, when necessary, for new equipment or process systems. He/she is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes too hazardous because of some mechanical problem.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Meet all basic facility employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- 1-3 years' experience in production maintenance role or equivalent vocational and technical training.
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list.
- Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLC's, machine tools and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position in accordance to the CBA.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
- Ability to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Education - High School diploma or GED equivalent required
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top