Job Description Summary:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Position currently home-based and will eventually be located in the Coca Cola office downtown Chicago
Leads Shopper Marketing support for the Coca-Cola/Walgreens customer team. Builds strategic relationships with key marketing and merchant personnel. Leads category & shopper growth strategies and marketing initiatives as part of annual planning process. Long term planning for Company/Customer. Advances Coca-Cola's value-based sales/marketing model in collaboration with our customer. Advances key shopper marketing platforms and capabilities supporting the beverage category growth strategies. Creates compelling Path to Purchase plans (pre, shop, post) to support the designated platforms. Identifies and leverages shopper insights to create programming to impact shopper behavior to drive growth. Manages meaningful shopper marketing budgets to ensure positive return on investment for the customer and The Coca Cola Company (TCCC). Partners with brand teams, bottlers, connections teams and other cross-functional groups to support our path to purchase plans driving a positive ROI for all.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
Advances key shopper marketing capabilities
- Serves as marketing lead for the Coca-Cola/Walgreens customer team - true subject matter expert to accelerate beverage category growth for Walgreens and Coca-Cola
- Develop all annual marketing plans
- Leverages insights to determine shopper strategies
- Develops shopper marketing programs, based on key insights, that provide value to the Customer (Walgreens), the Coca-Cola Company, and the Shopper
- Manages and executes all shopper marketing platforms and initiatives with full path-to-purchase activation (occasions, innovation, big events)
- Advances key shopper marketing capabilities - with heavy focus on digital, mobile, omni-channel, and social
- Cultivates internal and external relationships to ensure collaboration and alignment on key shopper marketing programs
- Collaborate with many cross-functional to bring custom shopper programs to life (i.e. Brand, Connections, Bottlers, Marketing Assets, Media Vendors, etc.)
- Sells marketing initiatives into the customer
Minimum Required Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: MBA or other graduate degree
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 7 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Extensive Marketing and Sales Experience (particularly in area of Shopper Marketing)
- Customer/Sales management experience
- Digital, omni-channel experience
- Brand management experience
- Experience building and monitoring annual business plans
- Planning experience; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Shopper insights, category management and shopper marketing experience
- Demonstrated reputation for customer engagement with ability to drive mutual business results
- Expertise establishing external relationships - i.e. with customers, retailers, digital vendors, other CPG companies
- Collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in situations where Commercial leadership may have accountability for doing the work but may not have control over all decisions impacting the work
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Propensity for creative problem-solving and opportunity identification (to improve service to rest of business/customer engagement)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top