Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:July 31, 2019
Job Description Summary:Key role is to successfully oversee and manage the design process following closely the ideation of design within Coca-Cola (primarily packaging and key visuals) through to artwork and production.
The role will report directly to the Coca-Cola China Design Director. The Design Manager will act to assure the highest levels of ethics and professionalism are maintained on behalf of Coca-Cola China. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet the requirements of the role as stated below, act with integrity, honesty and passion, liaising with all design and production partners, brand managers and any internal or external parties as required.
- The Design Manager should prove to have a excellent understanding of design, and good knowledge of the artwork and production process for packaging (plus key visual and point-of-sale knowledge)
- Be technically savvy in the areas of design and print production (especially packaging)
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Needs to show initiative, be positive minded and a solution finder.
- Be able to advise on any matters relating to the artwork and production of design work across (primarily) packaging, key visual and point-of-sale material
- Be able to influence and inspire our partners to excel in their contribution to our projects
- Be able to speak and write Chinese and English efficiently
- Efficient in Microsoft office and Adobe software
- Ability to travel
- The Design Manager will report to the Design Director on day-to-day matters, and support the Design Director in all areas design, artwork and production
- He/she will be responsible for the execution of design material and management of design agencies, their artwork and production abilities
- He/she needs to co-ordinate with all design, artwork and production partners to ensure the highest quality work is produced (this includes design agencies, artwork suppliers, plate makers and printing houses)
- He/she needs to manage timelines and budgets in accordance with the Coca-Cola system requirements
- Liaise with brand and marketing team members on projects and assist to ensure the smooth management and continuation of the design and production process
- Be vigilant of potential issues and show transparency in dealing with such matters
- Attend and hold brief meetings with agencies and partners and be able to effectively co-ordinate all parties
- Be responsive to partner requests and provide feedback and direction in a timely manner
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top