Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:June 23, 2019
Job Description Summary:Job Description Summary
IT supports the digitization of all functions at The Coca-Cola Company. We are looking for a DevOps Analyst to join our team to support the digital products and technologies that enable our Global Human Resources group. While a background Human Resources could help, it is certainly not required for this position.
This group supports the employment of 20,000+ employees all around the world. If you're interested in tackling complex, global problems and coming up with both enterprise as well as local market solutions this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate will show the ability to pivot between exciting development projects (such as analytics and next generation benefits) and driving operational health of our entire HR technology stack. This includes applications, middleware, security, desktop and mobile. Our team thinks broadly about operations with a relentless focus on the end user / customer. We are looking for excellent skills in root cause analysis and problem solving, especially on recurring patterns of issues.
This role is designed with training in mind. We are investing in both technical and functional knowledge for the ideal candidate to grow their career at Coca-Cola. We encourage career growth through learning multiple technologies in different business contexts.
Function Specific Activities
- Business analysis. Ability to communicate with non-technical users and understand desired requirements and features of an application.
- Operational excellence. Problem definition, root cause analysis, devise and recommend options to address challenges.
- Metrics. Show expertise in indicators vs. metrics, and what would constitute a relevant metric. Determine when it is time to discard old metrics and create new ones. Tie metrics to business outcomes.
- Problem solving. Show flexibility and creativity in approaches to solving problems; think outside the box.
- Testing. Demonstrate expertise in test strategy, test theory and practice, including black box, white box, edge, load, performance, positive, negative.
- Statistics. Demonstrate knowledge of basic statistics and data analysis in Excel.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing. Show ability to prioritize even when everything seems like priority 1. Show judgment and frameworks for prioritizing work in a hectic environment, and demonstrate ability to work across the 4 urgent/important quadrants.
- Interviewing and communication. Work with end users to assess and understand a situation to quickly get accurate picture of what is occurring. Ensure that assumptions are checked before proceeding down a logic path.
- Relentless follow up. Demonstrate constant, reliable follow up to gain trust of customers and coworkers.
- Execution. Show relentless drive in executing tasks on time, on budget, on scope, on quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SDLC methodologies eg Agile
- Impact analysis. Determine the potential impact of a change and assess risk of any technology change to determine how much testing is warranted in a given situation.
- Basic understanding of process and data modeling.
- Strong ability to extract essential requirements and understand the essence of a problem.
- Provide feedback to others in order to enhance their job performance.
- Analyze situations and take action to remove strategic and cultural barriers or obstacles (e.g., lack of senior management commitment, inadequate reinforcement of behavior) that keep or could keep work in your area of accountability from being completed as committed.
- Determine priorities for one's area of accountability to create clarity about focus and enable work to be completed efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related technical field.
- System Design: Knowledge of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an application system or process to meet the clients' needs that also meets all relevant Company standards.
- IT Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry. Includes knowledge of the key vendors, their strategic and tactical plans, and internal/external advisory services.
- Application Development Methodology: Ability to apply application development methods covering the full development lifecycle in an Agile DevOps environment(e.g., project preparation, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support) to ensure solution quality and consistency of process.
- Process Modeling: Knowledge of process modeling procedures and the ability to decompose business processes by taking into account software and system capabilities and to ensure reuse, integration, maintainability and efficiency.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top